Assignment Reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assignment Reporting

When creating an assignment. How can I get the result (LOC1 .X. MEAS-LOC.3.RAD.MEAS) to show up on my report. I can see the result if I hold the cursor over the assignment. But I cant figure out how to dimension the answer to my report.

Thanks,
    Vader

Put it into a generic feature would that work
    sigpic
    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

good answer mr miller
      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

lol I liked yours also in the other thread
        sigpic

Comment

So you have lets say

V1=LOC1 .X. MEAS-LOC.3.RAD.MEAS

To report it, put your cursor at the end of the line above. Hit enter. type "generic" It will guess you are typing generic after you type a few letters. Hit tab. A generic feature will be generated. Edit the generic feature so that the measured X value says "V1". Then dimension the x location of the generic feature.

I can post code if you want to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
            So you have lets say

V1=LOC1 .X. MEAS-LOC.3.RAD.MEAS

To report it, put your cursor at the end of the line above. Hit enter. type "generic" It will guess you are typing generic after you type a few letters. Hit tab. A generic feature will be generated. Edit the generic feature so that the measured X value says "V1". Then dimension the x location of the generic feature.

I can post code if you want to see it.
            Please post code if you have tthe time. Thanks

Comment

If you just need to display it you can use a report comment. If it needs to be toleranced then generic feature and dimension.
              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

To bad you can't just dimension a variable...
                Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by VADER View Post
                  Here you go. It looks like you have the assignment down so I just did a quick one with 10-5. You can see where I put V1 in the generic feature. Also, where I put in 4 in the generic feature to generate the nominal for the dimension.

Code:
                  ASSIGN/V1 = 10-5
                  F1         =GENERIC/POINT,DEPENDENT,RECT,$
                              NOM/XYZ,4,0,0,$
                              MEAS/XYZ,V1,0,0,$
                              NOM/IJK,0,0,1,$
                              MEAS/IJK,0,0,1
                  DIM D1= LOCATION OF POINT F1  UNITS=IN ,$
                  GRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=10.00  OUTPUT=BOTH
                  AX    MEAS      OUTTOL       DEV      NOMINAL     +TOL       -TOL    
                  X      5.0000     1.0000     1.0000     4.0000     0.0000     0.0000
                  END OF DIMENSION D1

Comment

Originally posted by VADER View Post
                    Shortest easiest way.

Code:
                    COMMENT/REPT,LOC1.X.MEAS - LOC.3.RAD.MEAS

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                      Shortest easiest way.

Code:
                      COMMENT/REPT,LOC1.X.MEAS - LOC.3.RAD.MEAS
                      The only thing with that is it will show all comments ..won't it?
                      sigpic

Comment

Goodluck,
                        Why use point over "None" with the generic feature? I have used both and with a non-feature calculation I thought NONE was the one to use... Am I missing something? Is there an advantage to the point?
                        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

I show all comments. Doc comments do not show in the report. Any documentaion notes in the program should be of type Doc. I use report comments heavily for telling an operator which way to offset, what his offset and tool number is for each feature, how much taper is in a feature, what his rotation mislocation is relative to his workholding etc. Anything I need to tell my operators but do not necessarily need to dimension I put in a report comment. Also engineers use my CMM reports for dispositioning material so they need extra info that I put in report comments.

Machinists run the CMMs here. They load a part and click go and read the report. That is all. It depends on your needs. My needs are to display comments, I couldn't do it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                            Goodluck,
                            Why use point over "None" with the generic feature? I have used both and with a non-feature calculation I thought NONE was the one to use... Am I missing something? Is there an advantage to the point?
                            The only reason I used point was because that is what is automatically generated. The only time I change it from point is if I am trying to dimension a diameter (I use a circle) or an angle (I use a cone). I don't know why it would matter.

Anyone have a reason why the type of feature would/could make a difference?

Comment