Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline Programming Question

Hello all,

I recently updated to 2019 R2 and have a quirk in offline mode when I am programming. This is not a true offline seat either just for a little more info. When I take a point the probe is dug into the model because it is reading the prehit/retract values from the center of the ball instead of the outside. Now if I execute the program offline everything looks good and the path lines are good also. I only see it when programming an autofeature. Can anybody help me with this? This wasn't an issue with R1 for me. I have a picture in the attached showing how the probe was left after creating the feature with the pathline.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hc1991; 05-07-2020, 04:18 PM.

my graphic display does that during execution of programs I wrote offline. It seems to have no effect on movements or measured results, just the appearance in the graphic display window when I take the program online... that said I run 2013mr1 and animation is sketchy at best... it looks ridiculous with a larger disc probe

Comment

The actual values for the " hit" are BALL CENTER. I can see how this visually is weird but I would just trust the DEMON on this one !!

Comment

This is a graphic glitch in 2019 ON SOME COMPUTERS. Mine was one of them, I never received clarification on what the issue was exactly.

When I got 2020, issue went away (using the same PC). I know how you feel, it drove me nuts. I do a lot of programming that requires me to get into tight areas.

If you get 2020 or go back to 2018 you should be good. That was my experience anyway.
        SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

• DAN_M
          DAN_M commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem.

One thing I could recommend..while you're programming set your prehit AND retract to 0.0001". That will give you a much better visual representation of where your probe is. Obv don't forget to fix it when you're all done.
          Last edited by DAN_M; 05-08-2020, 11:09 AM.

• sealevel
          sealevel commented
          Editing a comment
          With Demon? The OFFline is the cat's pajamas. Calypso? You gotta calibrate your offline stylii (absurd) and Zeiss planner is the trunk where Demon offline is a V8 under the hood. I'll let the dudes in the other forums kick me in the groin, but Demon sims offline programs better.... period.

• A-machine-insp
          A-machine-insp commented
          Editing a comment
          sealevel I agree. I never program online, always offline. It's easier for me and I can free up a CMM until I am actually ready to run.

Side note, it was funny tagging you in this. I read it as "at sea level I agree with you". At altitude I may not agree... Not my best joke but it's Saturday and I'm only here for 6 hours.

Sounds good. I'll give that a shot. Also I went ahead and upgraded to 2020 R1 and works like a champ again!

Comment