Exact Measure Bonus Not Showing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exact Measure Bonus Not Showing


    Exact measure bonus tolerance shows on offline computers but does not show at online machines?

    So this is happening when a part has not been run, just the difference between offline seat and online seat.

    Say your Ø 0.25 size has a ± 0.0025 you should be seeing .0025 bonus already applied which I can see at the offline seats but I cannot see at online seats?

    There has to be some sort of setting for this.

    Yes, I have right clicked on the dimension in the report window and bonus is selected.
    Jesse Krook

  • #2
    Can you post a picture of the section of the report in question from the online machine?

    Comment


    • #3
      I assume you mean in the report window? Do you mean there is no column for Bonus, or the Bonus shows as zero?


      What happens if you open the program offline (but on the CMM PC)?
      Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes in the report window and on the actual printed out report.

        Also, when the actual part is ran and the diameters are in tolerance the reports still doesn't show the bonus
        Last edited by YGOLORTEM; 05-07-2020, 07:48 AM.
        Jesse Krook

        Comment


        • #5
          nobonus.jpg
          Jesse Krook

          Comment


          • Matthew D. Hoedeman
            Matthew D. Hoedeman commented
            Editing a comment
            Give it a try. The datum shift comes from the DRF you build for the Xact dimensions. You don't build one, and use current alignment, there is no datum shift.

          • JacobCheverie
            JacobCheverie commented
            Editing a comment
            Matthew D. Hoedeman - I just took a program that is using MMB on a tertiary datum allowing for a translational shift. My "current alignment" was set per the DRF. I reported the Position. I then changed my alignment and reported the same dimension to current alignment and the result was exactly the same. The only thing that changes is the bottom Summary portion of the Xact report. The Size, Position, and Datum Shift remain the same. Changing the alignment in Xact is simply for easier understanding of the numbers in cases where you may have odd DRF's.

            EDIT I think my example was too simple - I opened another program with more complex shift happening (All DOF) and the results are still the same but the shift values are different. It is still a reporting issue though. Evaluating each one individually will allow the datum features to go to different locations within their respective boundaries to evaluate the feature. That is functionally impossible when evaluating a pattern, hence the need for simultaneous evaluation.
            Last edited by JacobCheverie; 05-07-2020, 01:26 PM.

          • YGOLORTEM
            YGOLORTEM commented
            Editing a comment
            All the input is greatly appreciated however the OP seems to be getting a bit derailed as none of this helps answer the original question

        • #6
          Can't tell you for sure since I don't use Xact, but is that TWO sets of dimensions? One that does all the sizes and one that does all the positions?

          In legacy, you MUST dimension the size at the same time (same dimension) as the position or you get no bonus.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            Can't tell you for sure since I don't use Xact, but is that TWO sets of dimensions? One that does all the sizes and one that does all the positions?

            In legacy, you MUST dimension the size at the same time (same dimension) as the position or you get no bonus.
            I believe this is how it's output in eXact measure.
            Jesse Krook

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
              Can't tell you for sure since I don't use Xact, but is that TWO sets of dimensions? One that does all the sizes and one that does all the positions?

              In legacy, you MUST dimension the size at the same time (same dimension) as the position or you get no bonus.
              It's one dimension, xact reports the diameter then the positions.
              Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

              Comment


              • #9
                There has to be a setting somewhere???

                Think this would have to do with the Windows Operating System? say 10 vs. 7?
                Jesse Krook

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by YGOLORTEM View Post
                  There has to be a setting somewhere???

                  Think this would have to do with the Windows Operating System? say 10 vs. 7?
                  Nope, I can't imagine how. Probably more to do with report templates, or possibly a setting.
                  Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    I really REALLY hate that Xact way of reporting the positions. You can't look at 'one spot' to see how "H001" checked, you have to find it in the list of diameters, then find it in the list of positions. Stupid way to do it if you ask me.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by AndersI
                    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      The original programmer was trying to take a shortcut. In my experience with exact measure, for best results, you are best to output 1 feature individually at a time UNLESS, with the exception of a composite DRF.
                      Jesse Krook

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by YGOLORTEM View Post
                        The original programmer was trying to take a shortcut. In my experience with exact measure, for best results, you are best to output 1 feature individually at a time UNLESS, with the exception of a composite DRF.
                        I don't think so. If you did that (in your case) the DRF would shift to best fit each hole. Doing them all in one hit will best fit as a pattern.
                        Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post

                          I don't think so. If you did that (in your case) the DRF would shift to best fit each hole. Doing them all in one hit will best fit as a pattern.
                          That still doesn't help explain why bonus would be shown at off-line seats but not on-line?
                          Jesse Krook

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post

                            Nope, I can't imagine how. Probably more to do with report templates, or possibly a setting.
                            YGOLORTEM can you verify which report template you are using? TextOnly.rtp? I wonder if the template was "corrupted" somehow. You could always try copying the report template from your offline machine and replacing the one on the online machine if that is the issue.

                            Comment

                            Related Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X