4.2 probe file question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 4.2 probe file question

    I want to know how to set up a different probe file location for the different versions of PCDMIS.

    It seems to me that 4.2 corrupts the file so that earlier versions cannot even do edits to the probes.

    any help out there?

    thanks
    bob
    Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
    sigpic

    Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
    Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

  • #2
    For 3.7MR3 it is.

    Edit-Preferences-Set Search Path

    Use the drop down to find the one for probe files.
    Browse for the location you want.

    I can't imagine why they would have changed it for 4.2 but this is Hexagon we are talking about.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bob mappes View Post
      I want to know how to set up a different probe file location for the different versions of PCDMIS.

      It seems to me that 4.2 corrupts the file so that earlier versions cannot even do edits to the probes.

      any help out there?

      thanks
      bob
      What I do is copy the probe file and results and then rename them; as an example, Q53X40 I would rename Q53X40_42. This allows the programmer to maintain the integrity of known probes while "playing" with the newest virgin.
      sigpic

      James Mannes

      Comment


      • #4
        G'Day To All,

        I am seeing that pcdemon "4.2" is mentioned. Is it now available?
        I do not recall seeing it when I looked at the Wilcox website this morning.

        Please advise.

        Blessings,
        ZydecoPete
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
          For 3.7MR3 it is.

          Edit-Preferences-Set Search Path

          Use the drop down to find the one for probe files.
          Browse for the location you want.

          I can't imagine why they would have changed it for 4.2 but this is Hexagon we are talking about.

          this is not the problem

          the problem is that the "search path" is set in the registry and ALL versions are looking at the same search path location. I don't want to have to make this change every time I open another version....I tried and it locks up my PC by doing this, have to reboot...etc...too slow



          James has given a workaround solution...thanks James
          Last edited by bob mappes; 05-02-2007, 01:04 PM.
          Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
          sigpic

          Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
          Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Peter Warcholyk View Post
            G'Day To All,

            I am seeing that pcdemon "4.2" is mentioned. Is it now available?
            I do not recall seeing it when I looked at the Wilcox website this morning.
            I heard that it got approved for release by the steering committe last week. They seem to be building the final release. Official release should be imminent.


            Jan.
            ***************************
            PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
            Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

            Comment


            • #7
              I called the Elgin office on Monday (two days ago)......not yet officially released
              B&S Microhite v2012 cad++

              Comment


              • #8
                If you are using several versions of the sw on the same pc , I suggest to use different setting parameters for each version.

                On my pc , I have exported 3.7x's settings to the desktop as name 37reg.dat and one clear copy for 4.2 42reg.dat and an ini file my lovely 3.2063 32.ini.

                Before running the version , I import the correct parameters to save my day
                my .02ytl
                Saliha
                sigpic
                Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X