TESA head problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TESA head problems

We replaced a TESA head back in February and it is starting to act up again with not locking up after an index. Has anyone had any issues with the TESA head not lasting? The CMM is 2.5 years old and granted the first head took a lot of abuse due to a lot of new CMM operators but this head has not been crashed since it was put on.
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Check the wiring, and the tesastar AE.
    There are some possibilities to communicate via the com port or tcpip.
    Maybe you can check this under internet explorer, by typing the tcpip adrees of the cmm, then DC board ?

Comment

• dwade
      dwade commented
      Editing a comment
      Will check it out! I've been in the interface several times in the past and didn't think of going that route. Thank you!

What does the sensor build look like? I'm sure you aren't trying to index with a ton of weight at the end of your sensor but you have to ask. Also check for condensation/oil. I've had this happen on and off but she keeps going and it's beat to shitzenezz I would call them somewhat reliable (not Renishaw reliable).
    PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
    Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• dwade
      dwade commented
      Editing a comment
      TP20 with the following builds
      probe build #1 = 2mm ruby 40mm L
      probe build #2 = 1mm ruby 37.5mm L
      probe build #3 = 4mm ruby 40mm L
      probe build #4 = 0.5mm ruby 37.5mm L
      probe build #5 = 1mm ruby 60mm L

It's not a weight issue and fluid anywhere in the assembly. Hexagon was quick to replace the head for us as it was barely 60 days old. Hopefully this one will last us a while.

• Kp61dude!
      Kp61dude! commented
      Editing a comment
      No red flags, they're all within spec limits. Oh wow 6 days?!

Originally posted by Kp61dude! View Post
    What does the sensor build look like? I'm sure you aren't trying to index with a ton of weight at the end of your sensor but you have to ask. Also check for condensation/oil. I've had this happen on and off but she keeps going and it's beat to shitzenezz I would call them somewhat reliable (not Renishaw reliable).
    killed a Tesastar-m wrist with a 300mm extension here... to be honest that wrist got crashed good a number of times then abused with the long extension and still lasted several years. Replaced it myself and have had no issues with it since. What you are describing does sound a lot like what the first one started doing when it died. At first it would try lock in then do it again... then after a while it was unable to lock in an angle on the second try and would limp wrist. It failed on a couple specific angle settings mostly

Comment

• dwade
      dwade commented
      Editing a comment
      I can vouch for the head not being crashed. No scratches or dings anywhere on the head and the operators are getting much better at reading instructions and setting the parts up. They've broken a few styli but nothing else.