The demon strikes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The demon strikes!

Just completed a massive program with over a hundred scans 12-18 inch runs. I usually use "relearn" and "master" open linear scans. BUT, when I enabled the program, the scans went all over the place, in the air, did loops in the air, and "slid" 90 degrees to the proper vector a whole probe diameter over.
    Now, I deal with scan drift, all scans drift after a while and need to be "re-touched", usually 5-6 runs things get wonky. So I keep a completely un-run "virgin" program for that. BUT today:
    The DEMON replaced all my scans settings with "RELEARN" and "FIND NOMINALS". Ohh ****! That is asking for trouble.

Has anybody experienced this before? I don't know how to continue if this keeps happening.
    Any suggestions?

Matt- I know you hear me, don't ignore me. (LOL)
    sigpic

Here is a screen shot of the "Chutes and Ladders" playground I've got today.

"Scanners Paradise"
    scanners paradise.jpg

This unit is 42" X 42" X 25"!

sigpic

Comment

Not the answer to keep it from happening, but if you have a lot of scans to change you can use the DataFieldEdit Wizard from the Wizard toolbar. It can take a few minutes to load when you click it depending on the number of features you have, so you need to be patient.

Select the type of scan from the feature type. Then for Exec Controls you would select "Learn Mode" and type in what you want to change it to, Relearn in your case. For Nominals Method select "Noms mode" and do the same.

Again, I acknowledge that this isn't the answer to your root problem, but it could help.
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

I always use RELEARN & FIND NOMS (selected surfaces only) for scans. Other than that....
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• BKulpa
          BKulpa commented
          Editing a comment
          As Matt said above, and be sure you have an optional probe command before your first loadprobe with the correct settings for your hardware.

also, it should go without saying.... if you are shanking in any way, it will really make the scans go to he|| real quick. Oh, and never scan a surface with the probe perp to the surface, tip-of-ball scanning is a real mess.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Just a question : why don't you use perimeter scans ?

Comment

• Cumofo
            Cumofo commented
            Editing a comment
            Perimeter scans have been my primary go to, but this machine has incredible difficulty detecting surfaces. This being a production environment, I have to just get the job done, and I have resorted to the "Brute Force" of open linear scans.