Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qual sphere search override not working

Hey all,

I'm trying to hold my Qual sphere at a 45 so we can calibrate all of our straight probes and our hook probe (1 side of a star probe) but angling the qual sphere changes the sequence in which the tips are calibrated and it keeps changing angles right into the table. I tried editing the tool and setting the K search override to 1 and the user defined calibration order box is checked, but it still changes the order from when the qual sphere was mounted perpendicular to the table. running 2014 on this machine but are supposed to upgrade to 2019 hopefully soon. and I would use a parameter set but it messes up in the autocal program when we add any new tips. it removes the parameter set and puts in "all tips and defaults".

It seems that you haven't rights enough on the PC...

Comment

• DB not cooper
      DB not cooper commented
      Editing a comment
      this is in the qualification tool window and available for any and all qual tools that are made. I believe if I wasn't authorized I wouldn't be able to edit it at all.
      Last edited by DB not cooper; 04-06-2020, 03:44 PM.

Sounds like you have to be running PC DMIS as an admin for those changes to stick. I am running 2020 and can make those changes no problem.

My IT Dept gave me crap when i initially asked because they want to control everything...but I respectfully required that they give me admin credentials. If your IT Dept doesn't wanna play ball then you can't do your job effectively and you're literally going to have to be asking for help all of the time with this software.
    SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

guess I'm the odd one for asking but any reason you don't just calibrate the tip sticking sideways on a 0,0,1 sphere? does it need wrist angle A90B90 or A90B-90 that is the only reason to change the sphere ijk

I would try create a new tool not edit an existing one, then make sure you click OK out of the interface so it saves changes. If you can create a probe file this is not likely a permissions thing, same permissions are needed

Comment

• DB not cooper
        DB not cooper commented
        Editing a comment
        we use the hook probe for checking features under the part as to avoid using a flip.

I wasn't aware that's an Admin thing since it's right in the tool edit window when you're building the probe. and it says in the help menu that as long as the "User defined order" box is checked it's supposed to use the search override IJK to choose which order the tips are calibrated in.

pic for example that's the original build for that tool.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DB not cooper; 04-08-2020, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• DAN_M
        DAN_M commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not conclusively saying that it is an admin thing.. but when you make a change in PC DMIS and it doesn't stick...that means that somewhere in some permissions hierarchy is a credential issue that says "cooper doesn't have permission to do this".

You'll run into stuff like that quite often in PC DMIS unless one of two conditions are met... 1) They make you an admin...2) They play with all of the windows permissions and find the right "formula" that allows them to keep you under their thumb while totally unlocking PC DMIS for you. Goodluck finding that happy medium, I never have.

If you're moving your sphere to a 45 degree angle you create a new tool, and give it a new shank vector. Measure 0/0 with your master probe, yes to the has it moved question. Calibrate your tips.
      Systems Integrator
      Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

• DB not cooper
        DB not cooper commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, I built a whole new tool. but when I go to calibrate the tips and angles, it chooses a different order even if I fill in the correct vectors in the IJK search override fields.

• Peter Fuller
        Peter Fuller commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess I don't understand why you are trying to use search override instead of just either defining 2 tools with proper vectors, or one tool with the proper vector. What are you trying to gain by using a search override?

• DB not cooper
        DB not cooper commented
        Editing a comment
        we are trying to eliminate the need for multiple qual spheres. now to do that and not have the wrist rotate into the table I either have to raise the qual sphere about 6 to 8 inches higher than normal off the table or use the search overrides. with the tool perp to the table it checks all the different angles fine, but when it's angled it changes the order and it rotates into the table at some point. the search overrides are supposed to override this and it's not working correctly. just trying to streamline things here.