X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flipping Part in middle of program

Hello,
    I am programming offline.
    I am measuring a part that has most of the features on the top side. I want to flip the part and adjust the alignments to Level plane being flipped to the second side.
    I adjusted the alignment and it looks good. When I take a cylinder, it shows the probe going the in the wrong path. It shows the probe being upside down.
    How do I adjust the probe path and vector to match the new alignment?

Thanks!

You have to translate the model. Here’s what I do, write the top program, put a stop in the program and comments, flip the part then translate the part so that the bottom is the new Z+. Then write the rest of the program.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

I haven't used it much, but sounds to me like Equate Alignment is what you want... otherwise I can't conceive how features measured after the flip could relate to features measured before the flip...
      Sheffield Endeavor3 9.20.8, Tesastar-SM, Leitz LSP-X1s & LSP-X1M, PCDMIS 2011 MR1

Comment

I import an assembly with 2 copies of the model. 1 facing " up " and 1 " down ". I have CAD access so I make an assembly with rayco fixturing and all when I program. When you flip the part over 1/2 way thru the program, add some movepoints to get the head out of the way, add comments to re-load part, then move to manual mode and do a new manual alignment on 2nd cad and move to DCC....... Really its just 2 programs in 1. I do this all the time without equate alignment.

Comment

• ogcharliebrown
          ogcharliebrown commented
          Editing a comment
          That worked perfectly! Thank You!

Hello Darroll,
        Yes I have the alignment ready and it looks good. When I take the cylinder it measure correctly. The issue is the probe is upside down in offline view.
        Anything I need to show the probe is the correct orientation?

Thanks!

Comment

• Darrollh
          Darrollh commented
          Editing a comment
          Do what Schlag says or transform the part like you would at the beginning of the program except make Z- Z+.

Thanks for everyone's help.
        I ended up making two programs.

Comment