Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubes

Has anyone on here had a lot of experience with programming tubes? Any tips or tricks?

I have had a lot of issues aligning and getting my touches correct on the tubes that i work with.

For some reason, and YES I am still Quite "Green", it is a LOT harder to program tubes correctly.

Thanks guys.

Can you give us an example or be more specific on your issue?
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• ThePudds
      ThePudds commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not a particular issue. The whole concept of programming a tube for a CMM seems leagues out of my gameplay. I'm just asking for tips or tricks to more effectively program tubes.

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe circularity for flow or fit. I would question FFF Form, Fit, and Function. questions I ask before checking, not necessarily asking a person, What is it's purpose? does something have to be a tight fit, circularity for flow or mating part? Don't always look at the part your making, but the mating part and how it needs to be a nice secure fit and function. Just remember when making a Program, Your taking the perfect Part (CAD Model) and what you end up with is the mating part, or a virtual check fixture, after creating a program the CAD model is technically just a pretty picture on your screen. So when you bring an actual part and you run the program, if programmed correctly, then it lines up the mating part (virtual Check fixture, your program) and it configures the 2 with the tolerances given, will they work together.

Since tubes can be particularly troublesome, I recommend using an iterative alignment, because the 'reference' planes or surfaces are not conducive to a 'true' 3-2-1 alignment. Once this is achieved, you can measure all other attributes. But it can be a little 'tricky'.

Comment

• ThePudds
      ThePudds commented
      Editing a comment
      My terminology is not the greatest. Can you go further into detail about iterative alignment?