Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Calibration Question

Good morning fellas!
    Hope everyone is well during all of this craziness. So I have a question maybe you guru's can help out with.

When calibrating, sometimes I may hear a squeaky sound when my Probe is scanning the sphere. I'm using a SM25-1, Probe tips that I hear this with are 2x40mm, 3x50mm.
    Full build: TesaStar M > Renishaw Convert > SP25M > SM25-1 > SH25-1

Is this normal? I just want to make sure. Still trying to tackle this thing and Calibrations are one of those subjects that I seem to learn something new on every day.

Thanks in advance guys!!
    PG

PC-DMIS 2010 MR3
    B&S Global Advantage 7-10-7
    TesaStar - SP25
    Houston, TX

I get the same thing. Same build as yours except I have a Renishaw PH10MQ wrist. It normally happens with the smaller tips. I don't get it with 3mm or larger tips but the 2mm and smaller I do. I haven't noticed an issue with it. If I doubt it, I will requalify it using touch trigger and 25 hits on the sphere. Every time I have done that, I get identical calibration results.
    Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was lost on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      There is not much you can change when doing a full calibration. I have my prehit/retract at .1, movespeed at 400, and touchspeed at 5. With you still getting the hang of calibration, I would set your movespeed at 100ish. I have mine set high cause I am the only person that uses the CMM I am at so I know nobody has screwed with my settings.

• pguillory
      pguillory commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah those speed and touch settings seem high. I'm at 35 spd and 1 for touch speed haha

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      Optimum touchspeed for the SP25 is 5mm/sec. I'd leave it there. Touchspeed is a factor in determining accuracy.

It sounds (!) normal... (Can I be proud of a pun in english ?????? )!
    If you doubt, check the results (stddev is a good indicator !).

Comment

• pguillory
      pguillory commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I believe is my usual go to. 1 thing I'm little puzzled on is, I assume that XYZ theo and meas should be equal for a successful qualification. Sometime's I'll get something like:

Theo X = .0000
      Meas X = .0019

PrbRdv-0.0000 StdDev 0.0000

This is good? lol. Just so I'm clear on the subject

• pguillory
      pguillory commented
      Editing a comment
      And hey, be proud of whatever you can right now man! I'm just trying to be proud of this program I'm trying to make for an Airfoil Root.

Steel sphere or ceramic? Ruby tips or silicon nitride?

I would say this is common.
    Jesse Krook

Comment

• pguillory
      pguillory commented
      Editing a comment
      Steel and Ruby

Hex techs put a small film of oil on the sphere when they do the scan test. Did you get a bottle of it with your machine? There was one tech (highly experienced, no joke) that would wipe his fingers on his nose and get that oil and then wipe it on the cal sphere.

Comment

• pguillory
      pguillory commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol really? Yeah he definitely sounds experienced

• BKulpa
      BKulpa commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not kidding, he was one of the best Leitz techs around! Why not try it? The oil from the bottle that is.