Scan Segment Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scan Segment Issues

So I have this round part and the program we have uses several scan segments to create a circle. The problem is that sometimes the scan appears on the wrong side and the results are completely wrong. I don't know how to fix this, sometimes I've turned off/on the machine and that works sometimes, but right now nothing seems to work. Does anybody know what's wrong?
    Attached Files

Is this a part/program with a long history? Or it's relatively new? Sometimes (hate to use the word 'sometimes'.....can be frustrating!) it helps to re-create the scan for starters...and possibly increase the scan density.

hexscan.PNG

The above is if you use an analog probe, but if your machine 'pecks' to scan you can adjust density.. i think its under the execution tab at the top -- min/max increments
    Last edited by sealevel; 03-31-2020, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Hirxm
      Hirxm commented
      Editing a comment
      By "re-create the scan" do you mean running that piece of the program again? If so, I've already done thar, several times and it doesn't always work. And how do I increase the scan density?

• sealevel
      sealevel commented
      Editing a comment
      no...not re-RUNning it..... but changing the scan's parameters. either its density or its increments.

If you're generating the scan from a model, you may need to set the "Find Nominals" tolerance a bit lower

Comment