Star probe orientation that i build not squared to cmm axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star probe orientation that i build not squared to cmm axis

Hi to all, I'm new to this forum. I have question star probe that not squared to cmm axis. how to fix this?
    Brown & Sharp - global
    pc-dmis 2019R2
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DJ jerry; 03-30-2020, 01:54 PM.

loosen the bottom stylus, adjust the start until it is square, and hold it there while tightening the bottom stylus

Comment

I remove the #2 tip and use a 1-2-3 block (clamped on the table) and align it as close as possible. Keep in mind that it will 'turn' slightly as you tighten the #1 tip.

Comment

• A-machine-insp
        A-machine-insp commented
        Editing a comment
        To this point, when I am tightening a star or angle probe, I anticipate it rotating when I tighten it so I keep it a bit off square before I tighten it then it squares up when it gets tight. They can be a pain but they get easier the more you build them.

Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post
      loosen the bottom stylus, adjust the start until it is square, and hold it there while tightening the bottom stylus
      Thanks, now I need calibrate

Comment

Originally posted by brian.freeman View Post
        I remove the #2 tip and use a 1-2-3 block (clamped on the table) and align it as close as possible. Keep in mind that it will 'turn' slightly as you tighten the #1 tip.
        Thanks

Comment

I still find it easier to eyeball it, take shank hits from T2 and T4 on a small diameter stand off while watching last hit in probe readout, and correct as needed. A star with 20mm long shanks is easy to get within .010" this way and yu know exactly how close it is before full calibration... 2 manual hits tells you the difference in y offset which indicates how square it is.

If I was using a 123 block I would do this using an edge of it not using a flat face at all
          Last edited by Douglas; 04-01-2020, 09:22 PM.

Comment