Multi-language dialog box in 2020 R1 sp1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-language dialog box in 2020 R1 sp1?

Achtung!
    Seems like the auto-feaures box is part English - part German in the version from the downloaded 2020 R1 sp1 installer from the Hexagon site. Guess will try the ftp site installer.....

adaptive_scan.PNG

BTW, installing on my personal laptop, the Sp1 free OFFline release worked fine. On my company laptop, I could only install the 'legacy' 2020 release like others had mentioned.
    (both laptops use HASP and have most 2017-2019 releases installed)

***UPDATE*** Installed the FTP version and all is now OK
    Last edited by sealevel; 03-29-2020, 11:45 AM.

Thank you Sealevel. Are you saying that the SP1 downloaded from the FTP showed different results (dialog text) than the same SP1 from Hexagon the support page? I know this is going to sound a little extreme, but can you give me the links you used for each case please?

Also, as far as the 2020 R1 original release (#214) vs the SP1 (#270), can you share the hasp license dump for each of those machines?

PS: We are working on this issue, thank you
    Last edited by Don Ruggieri; 03-30-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I had the same issue when I initially downloaded.

I exited out of PC DMIS and then re-opened it and everything went back to English
      SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
        Don Ruggieri commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Dan_M. We are able to see this issue as well, but it is not "blatant". It is not related to where it was downloaded from. It is not specific to #214 vs #270, or vice-versa. It does seem to be easily replicated on a clean system. We are still working out the details, in order to define the solution.

Hi Don - here are the links I used:

This one from Hexagon via my work email:
      https://go.hexagonmi.com/l/49752/2020-03-24/h82ws4

Here is the one I downloaded from the Wilcox FTP site:
      ftp://wilcoxassoc.com/PC-DMIS-Versio...20_R1/SP1/x64/

Both laptops work now with the build 270 release. I had re-installed on my work laptop.
      If you mean the HASP module list? My HASP is already OFFline (for our Optiv 443 Performance vision machne)..... here it is:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Key ID: xxxxxx
      Key Serial: xxxxxxxx
      Key Version No: 7
      PC-DMIS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      PC-DMIS 3.25 Enabled
      PC-DMIS CAD Output Translator
      PC-DMIS CAD++
      PC-DMIS COP
      PC-DMIS DCC Scanning
      PC-DMIS Display CAD
      PC-DMIS DMIS Translator
      PC-DMIS Expire : 2019-10-31
      PC-DMIS GD&T Selection
      PC-DMIS IP Measure
      PC-DMIS Offline Interface
      PC-DMIS Sheet Metal
      PC-DMIS Stats Output
      PC-DMIS Tactile Probing
      PC-DMIS Vendor-Brown & Sharpe
      PC-DMIS Vision
      PC-DMIS Vision Type:SLC DCC

from the 2020 R1 releases, I can't get anything from the Help/About.... I am guessing this is normal when using the Hex freebie Offline license?
      Last edited by sealevel; 03-30-2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sealevel View Post
        from the 2020 R1 releases, I can't get anything from the Help/About.... I am guessing this is normal when using the Hex freebie Offline license?
        If you mean the licensing information (from the Help/About dialog) that is unrelated to the CodeFromHome initiative, but we have also seen it in some instances of our own. I will find out more about it if I can and let you know. . .

Comment

• sealevel
          sealevel commented
          Editing a comment
          Not really needed for me. I thought maybe YOU needed the info. All is good at my end, and thx for your support Don.