Go Figure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Figure

Shop I'm working at just had a Global Image moved in from their Muncie facility. It's currently loaded with 3.5 mr2. I look up the rma and to no big surprise it expired on 6/30/05. Can I load 3.7 mr2 ( release 6/24/05 ) or would I be better off with what I got?

Originally posted by Hardrive View Post
    Shop I'm working at just had a Global Image moved in from their Muncie facility. It's currently loaded with 3.5 mr2. I look up the rma and to no big surprise it expired on 6/30/05. Can I load 3.7 mr2 ( release 6/24/05 ) or would I be better off with what I got?
    That is a toughy. 3.5MR2 and 3.7MR2 were about the same for stability to the best of my recollection. (Which means you can expect to get booted fairly often, 2-3 times a day or more.) You might give the 3.5 a try for a week or two and then try 3.7 for a week or two and see which really works better for you. The only major difference between the two is the enhanced graphics in 3.7. Of course you best bet would be 3.7MR3, but that would mean $MA. If stability is really important, 3.2063 is very stable and some people are still using it because it does all they need. HTH
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Here we go again...

IMNSHO - if you pay up to get version 3.7 you should get all the MR's for that version no matter when they are released. What is the main reason for an MR? It is a Maintenance Release afterall. The whole reason they do MR's is to fix bugs/problems with the original release of a version. If they add features, they should make it a new product 3.8 or whatever naming procedure they want to use. Any product other than computer software which is released and sold to a consumer with problems is fixed without the customer having to pay more $$. If you go buy a car and find out within a reasonable amount of time that the engine dies 3-4 times a day wouldn't you expect to either get your money back or that it would be fixed for free?

Comment