Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows update messed up my printing

Hello all,

Windows did an update and now when I go to print, the paper copy comes out like is is supposed to and then goes to saving as PDF as it should. Here is where the problem comes in - another box pops up to save again. I have to find the correct folder and retype everything over to actually save it. If I do not save the second time it will not save at all.
    How can I fix this...very aggravating!

Common issue for me when windows updates. You want to repair the install. Find the .exe file that you install DMIS with and select "Run as Administrator". Since it is already installed, it will ask if you want to repair or remove the program. Select repair and let it do its thing. When you open DMIS for the first time after repairing it, open it as administrator. I've had to do this several times and it has always worked.
    "Do what I want you to do, not what I tell you to do."

-Me

Comment

• Bostnik
      Bostnik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much! I will give it a go.

My guess is a registry setting got modified. If one dialog has “concatenation” or something similar on it, that dialog is being displayed by the Amyuni Print driver. It indicates the driver does not have permission to set a registry value.

Comment

This has happened here many times after Windows update on Windows 10 systems. Our I.T. department has to give users or anyone full control of HKCC\Software\ , this corrects the error.
      Global Advantage 12-15-10 PH10MQ SP600M V4.2MR3 CAD++

Comment

• Bostnik
        Bostnik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks SABarber & benj118.

I first tried what A-machine-insp suggested and it did not work. I will get with our IT guy and get it straightened out.

Thanks again

https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...-to-windows-10

Comment

My IT guy says I have full control. Any area where he should go to try?

Comment