Gd&t True Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gd&t True Position

OK we have a FCF that has a diameter callout an true position to Datums A B C
    when generating the report an doing the tolerancing would you output to 2 datum features or 3 datum features.we are have a discussion about this an i am saying that if you call out TP to 3 datums on the print thats how i will report it,if you want it to 2 datums that call TP in FCF to Datums B an C right or wrong. thx

Originally posted by jessejames View Post
    OK we have a FCF that has a diameter callout an true position to Datums A B C
    when generating the report an doing the tolerancing would you output to 2 datum features or 3 datum features.we are have a discussion about this an i am saying that if you call out TP to 3 datums on the print thats how i will report it,if you want it to 2 datums that call TP in FCF to Datums B an C right or wrong. thx
    If you are already aligned to ABC, just simply report TP without the use of the datums. That is a whole kettle of fish that just stinks!
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

If the call out is for 3 datums then I would report to 3, if it was for 2 then I would report to 2. Do what they ask for and you can't be wrong, CYA.
      If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS
      Dry your eyes Princess and man up.

Comment

I am with snaggy, but matt makes a good point. If it were me though I would go with all 3 if that is what it asks for.
        sigpic Great stuff!!!

Comment

What version do you use?

If you use V4.0+ then use XactMeasure tolerancing. It's easy and quick. If the FCF calls for 3 datums, you have to evaluate against those 3. No way around it.

Jan.
          PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
          Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Three datums for a TP FCF is legal. It adds control of the entire length of a cylinder (ie, perpendicularity). This eliminates the need for 2 FCFs.
            When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but, when you include 3 features with your reference feature at MMC and another at MMC, 9 times out of 10, your deviation is .000. due to the fact of it borrowing from the MMC to make the best fit.
              ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment