Reporting Min - Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting Min - Max

I have a part with 1 trillion radiuses.... Is there a way to dimension radius location on all of them but instead of having 1 trillion lines on my report, have it report only the minimum and maximum radius?
    sigpic
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

You should be able to do it with assignments, one way or another.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Yes, you can do that.

Create (assign) an array and fill it with all your measured values (be careful, there is a maximum number of charaters per line; the longer your feature names, the fewer measurements per array; you may need to create several arrays). Then use the MIN and MAX function within PC-DMIS and you will have what you need.

There is a slight problem though: you do not know which point is highest and which one is th e lowest. But under normal circumstances, that may be OK. If you have a problem, you may need to dive back into the data to find which points are going outside the tolerance.

Jan.
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Another reporting question. I know you can change from inches to mm on individual dimensions, but is there a way to change the whole report at once?
        sigpic
        I reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

Originally posted by BWilliams View Post
          Another reporting question. I know you can change from inches to mm on individual dimensions, but is there a way to change the whole report at once?
          Try using the REPLACE function and use REPLACE ALL. I do not know what effect it will have, so BACKUP the program first!
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I seem to think reading that there was for the dimensions. Possibly a script from hexagon??? Everything will still be measured in inches though.

Comment

There's a script in the Custom Script Repository for registered users that you can download to toggle the dimensions between INCH and MM. However, it does not work in the newer XactMeasure FCF dimensions available since v4.0 (legacy type dimensions should work fine though).
              Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
              [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Jared,
                How does one become a registered user? It sounds like there may be some interesting stuff in the Custom Script Repository.

Thanks,

Keith

Comment

Just hit the register button. to sign up easy as 1 2 3
                  sigpic
                  if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by kv802 View Post
                    Jared,
                    How does one become a registered user? It sounds like there may be some interesting stuff in the Custom Script Repository.

Thanks,

Keith
                    Yup. Just go here and fill out the form:
                    http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/Usersarea/login.htm

Good luck!
                    Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
                    [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment