4.2 Auto Circle / James M. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 Auto Circle / James M. ?

Has anyone else had trouble with using the autofeature circle? as in trying to go in a "clockwise" direction in a hole vs "counterclockwise"?

I can't get it to.....James, how 'bout you?
    Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
    sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
    Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

I don't know if there is a more efficient way but this is what I always do....

Go back into the feature by pressing "F9" with your cursor in the code. Then I zoom in on the hit points shown on the Graphic Display and manually change the start hit point to be in the direction I want.

Hope this helps
    sigpic
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

I have tried 2 ways

1) using a negative number...start at 0 deg and end at -360 deg

2) using a negative in the "pitch" value

neither one would work
      sigpic

Comment

How about changing the vector of the circle. That usually gets it done for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
          How about changing the vector of the circle. That usually gets it done for me.
          This would be my suggestion as well

TK
          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by tking View Post
            This would be my suggestion as well

TK
            JUST MAKE sure you are NOT using AUTOMOVE!
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

With a positive vector for a hole the normal direction is Major + towards Minor + axis(CCW), reverse the vector and you reverse this. This may cause other issues(as matty pointed out) where manually changing it in the HITS view might be better. I guess it depends on your needs. Why do you care which direction the hits are taken?
              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                With a positive vector for a hole the normal direction is Major + towards Minor + axis(CCW), reverse the vector and you reverse this. This may cause other issues(as matty pointed out) where manually changing it in the HITS view might be better. I guess it depends on your needs. Why do you care which direction the hits are taken?
                I use automove quite a bit so changing the vector is not a suitable fix.

Direction matters when probing threads or when following a contour.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bob mappes View Post

Then manually might be the only way... Probing threads?? why would that matter. If is left hand threads then change the sign of the offset.. I dont understand the contour point..

Comment

I don't use 4.2, but reversing the angles usually works for me. instead of 0 to -360, try coming back a bit 0 to -270 for example.
                    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by bob mappes View Post

Well, sometimes I change the pitch from positive to negative for threads. That works for me but you said it didn't work for you. Maybe an 'upgrade' in 4.2. I use 3.7mr3.

Comment

Negative pitch number should change the step increment direction, not the direction of rotation.

Comment

Negative pitch number should change the step increment direction, not the direction of rotation.
                          Yep. So if it is going around a right hand internal thread counterclockwise it should be stepping out of the hole. If not, switching the pitch to the opposite sign should set it straight.

It won't change the hits from clockwise to counterclockwise but it will get the hits incrementing in the proper direction.

Comment

Then manually might be the only way... Probing threads?? why would that matter. If is left hand threads then change the sign of the offset.. I dont understand the contour point..
                            do you not probe threads? if probing in the opposite rotation of the pitch you get bad results

have you not followed a contour say like a line,radius,line in a nice flow instead of "jumping up n down" with the probe all the time?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmgreen View Post
                              I don't use 4.2, but reversing the angles usually works for me. instead of 0 to -360, try coming back a bit 0 to -270 for example.
                              it seems to be a "new" issue in 4.2
                              sigpic

Comment