PC-DMIS math functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcoss View Post
    I never got the ASSIGN command to work. Here is the code that I am using with two different circle features. ASSIGN/V1=(CIR_4.5.DIAM-CIR_3.826.DIAM)/2 Everything after the "=" sign is red, so obviously PC-DMIS doesn't like something I'm doing. Any ideas?
    USING decimal points in FEATURE ID's is what is screwing that up for you. ONLY use numbers, letters, and the underscore _ in all ID's (features, dimensions, variables, alignments, etc.).
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Don’t use period in feature names. Period.

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

Worked like a champ! Thanks. Ironically, this is the first I think that I've heard of not to use special characters for naming schemes. PC-DMIS can be finicky!

Comment

Always think of PC Dmis as a High Maintenance Significant Other..... When it's good, it's really really good but when it's bad it's horrid.

Comment

dcoss

Here are two examples of how to get the variable into a report comment without using the generic feature.

For the first one, go to "insert/report command/comment". Click report comment and then click "OK" to get it into your edit window. It will display the generic "Please Edit Comment Text!". Double click where it says "Please Edit Comment Text!" and type your variable, then click off of it. It will say "Variable with the name V1 Exists. Does the input refer to the variable?" Click "Yes" then "OK". Now the variable will be displayed in a report comment.

For the second example, syntax is key. I don't pretend to fully understand how it works but I do have the below example that you can mess with that will work & you can edit the wording to suit your needs obviously.

Code:
            CIR_2 =FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
            THEO/<10,10,10>,<0,0,1>,2.5
            ACTL/<10,10,10>,<0,0,1>,2.5
            TARG/<10,10,10>,<0,0,1>
            START ANG=0,END ANG=360
            ANGLE VEC=<1,0,0>
            DIRECTION=CCW
            SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=NO
            SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=NO
            CIR_4 =FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
            THEO/<10,10,10>,<0,0,1>,1.5