Reports Not Saving All Characteristics Dimensioned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports Not Saving All Characteristics Dimensioned

So, I've got a program that has been running perfectly for the past few months. Towards the end, I've got the report to be printing to a file (so that we have the proof of inspection for any later use) as well as a physical printer (so that we can lay the inspection report with the rest of the paperwork with the part).

My problem is this: The program runs fine. It dimensions everything that needs to be dimensioned, and it prints the physical report (~8 pages usually). More recently, I went back to find a report from a couple of weeks ago and the .PDF version of the report only saved 5 characteristics; I double checked that we did a full inspection on that part and found it before it shipped, and the physical report had all 8 pages.

I checked into a few others, and this problem isn't happening consecutively through reports; it just happens every so often. It's also worth mentioning that the report doesn't always report the same stray characteristics.

My program runs on multiple machines, and the problem has occurred on each machine at least once; it is not more prominent on one machine more than the other, which raises tons of questions.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have potential a fix for this? Any help would be appreciated.

***EDIT***
    Below is my print code. Don't mind my Param commands; I'm fairly certain that they have nothing to do with the problem at hand, BUT I've been wrong before.

PRINT/REPORT,EXEC MODE=END,$
    TO_FILE=ON,OVERWRITE=MYFILENAME,AUTO OPEN REPORT=OFF,$
    TO_PRINTER=ON,COPIES=1,$
    TO_DMIS_REPORT=OFF,FILE_OPTION=OVERWRITE,FILENAME= ,$
    REPORT_THEORETICALS=ALL,REPORT_FEATURE_WITH_DIMENS IONS=NO,$
    TO_EXCEL_OUTPUT=OFF,
    PREVIOUS_RUNS=KEEP_INSTANCES
    ASSIGN/W1=ARRAY(WD1,3.540,3.550)
    ASSIGN/W2=ARRAY(WD2,0.257,0.263)
    ASSIGN/W3=ARRAY(CI_20A.DIA,21.479,21.485)
    ASSIGN/W4=ARRAY(WD4,0.900,0.910)
    CS2 =REPORT/CUSTOM, FILENAME=726_Weld_Sheet, Section=-1
    PARAM/TEXT_1.TEXT=C2.INPUT
    PARAM/TEXT_2.TEXT="*"+C2.INPUT+"*"
    PARAM/TEXT_3.TEXT=C3.INPUT
    PARAM/TEXT_4.TEXT="*"+C3.INPUT+"*"
    PARAM/TEXT_5.TEXT=C4.INPUT
    PARAM/TEXT_6.TEXT="*"+C4.INPUT+"*"
    PARAM/TEXT_7.TEXT=PART_NO.1
    PARAM/TEXT_8.TEXT="*"+PART_NO.1+"*"
    PARAM/TEXT_9.TEXT=PART_NO.2
    PARAM/TEXT_10.TEXT="*"+PART_NO.2+"*"
    PARAM/TEXT_27.TEXT="FULL"
    PARAM/TEXT_28.TEXT="*"+"FULL"+"*"
    PARAM/BARCODEWIZ1.BARCODE=C2.INPUT+","+PART_NO.1+","+C3. INPUT+","+PART_NO.2+","+C4.INPUT+",FULL"
    PARAM/=
    ENDCUSTOM/
    PRINT/REPORT,EXEC MODE=END,$
    TO_FILE=ON,OVERWRITE=WELDSHEET,AUTO OPEN REPORT=OFF,$
    TO_PRINTER=ON,COPIES=1,$
    TO_DMIS_REPORT=OFF,FILE_OPTION=INDEX,FILENAME=,$
    REPORT_THEORETICALS=NONE,REPORT_FEATURE_WITH_DIMEN SIONS=NO,$
    TO_EXCEL_OUTPUT=OFF,
    PREVIOUS_RUNS=KEEP_INSTANCES
    Last edited by Blockay; 03-09-2020, 01:59 PM.

If I read this correctly, what you may not mention is someone has gone back to re-measure a feature or 5 outside of the normal run cycle. In this instance, only the recently evaluated items are appearing in your report window, then the report command is being run. This is NOT a PC-DMIS error as much as a processing issue. Teach your operators to 'refresh' the report window prior to print when they need to re-measure features randomly.

There are ways around this, like creating Goto/Labels to allow re-measurements based on certain criteria, but that can make troubleshooting programs difficult if not followed through correctly. In the instance you can utilize the goto/label commands, it will prevent manual re-measurements that are shortening your report. Do note, these additional evaluations would not overwrite the original, they will append to the end of your report. You will now have 'duplicated' features on your report with potentially different results.

Comment