Probe Changer ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Changer ports

We recently switched to version 2017 from 2013. Upon doing so, we noticed we can no longer access the probe changer settings to assign what ports probes are in. We can run programs that use the probe changer without any issue but can't find where to go to edit/modify the probe changer. Tried the PC DMIS help and it says it should be under, edit/preferences/probe changer, but nothing is there. Any suggestions?

You might need to call hexagon to review your license file permissions. If you converted from HASP to LMS, they likely had to convert your license to the LMS system, and could have omitted privileges.

Comment

Can you access it still through the 2013 version?
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• gablega
        gablega commented
        Editing a comment
        No longer have 13 installed but we could always access it with 2013.

Originally posted by louisd View Post
      You might need to call hexagon to review your license file permissions. If you converted from HASP to LMS, they likely had to convert your license to the LMS system, and could have omitted privileges.
      Did you switch computers as part of this upgrade? We are missing something here. . . .

Comment

"edit/preferences/probe changer"?

Operation...Calibrate/Edit...Probe Changer

Comment

To check your license got to Help > About PC-DMIS for Windows and it will list all of your available licenses
          Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
          Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Run 'Custprog' from your PC-DMIS folder.

That will show you if the 'Tool changer' is an option turned on in your license. If it IS an option, maybe the install was done with a dongle loaded that didn't have it.
            If 'Tool changer' is not in your list, go back and find your previous custprog file and make sure it had been there, if it was, hexagon with correct it quickly.

Just had this issue pop up on me...

Comment

For future reference, its always a better idea to just install the new rev and leave the old rev in place.

Comment

• Cumofo
                Cumofo commented
                Editing a comment
                .. for a few days. I've never had two versions reside on the same drive too long before the PC-daemon begins grabbing files from the previous release. usually a probe file from some long ago "I'll just leave the qualification sphere here this time" right when the president of the Company walks in..
                and there is always a break in the din of manufacturing, to give complete pause and attention to the Pink - a - Tink, Tinkle of the probe being decapitated and discarding itself on the granite.
                Last edited by Cumofo; 03-11-2020, 03:07 AM.

Make sure it's active in the settings editor. I've upgraded and had to search it down in the editor and activate it there even though it's active in the license.

Comment