Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying from one file to another

Good day,

I have been told by Hexagon that a feature has a name that the user can see, but also has an ID the user can't see.
    The feature name can be edited, the ID cannot.
    The ID is made from the feature name, but is not edited when the feature name is edited.
    At least....that is what Hexagon tells me.

I was wondering if anyone knows what happens to the ID when you copy a feature from one partprogram to another partprogram.
    In the partprogram where the paste is performed, does it always make a new ID? Does it copy the ID and corrects it when there are conflicts with existing ID's?

The reason why I'm asking this, is because we have a very large program with invalid characters in the ID's. And the program is unstable.
    There were points in the feature names The points have been removed, but Hexagon says the points are still in the ID's. And this causes the instability.

Thanks in advance.
    Greetings, Wesley.

P.S.: We use v2019R2 with latest SP

Originally posted by Wes77 View Post
    Good day,

I have been told by Hexagon that a feature has a name that the user can see, but also has an ID the user can't see.
    The feature name can be edited, the ID cannot.
    The ID is made from the feature name, but is not edited when the feature name is edited.
    At least....that is what Hexagon tells me.

I was wondering if anyone knows what happens to the ID when you copy a feature from one partprogram to another partprogram.
    In the partprogram where the paste is performed, does it always make a new ID? Does it copy the ID and corrects it when there are conflicts with existing ID's?

The reason why I'm asking this, is because we have a very large program with invalid characters in the ID's. And the program is unstable.
    There were points in the feature names The points have been removed, but Hexagon says the points are still in the ID's. And this causes the instability.

Thanks in advance.
    Greetings, Wesley.

P.S.: We use v2019R2 with latest SP
    COPY from one program, then in the other program, set your PATTERN to 1 copy, no offsets, no rotations, and then PASTE WITH PATTERN. That makes all new.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks Matthew.
      As you have probably guessed, that was the answer I was thinking of....and hoping for.

May I ask how you are sure that this will fix any faults in the ID's?
      I'm going to talk to the Hexagon guy (who didn't have any solution) and want to be as sure as I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes77 View Post
        Thanks Matthew.
        As you have probably guessed, that was the answer I was thinking of....and hoping for.

May I ask how you are sure that this will fix any faults in the ID's?
        I'm going to talk to the Hexagon guy (who didn't have any solution) and want to be as sure as I can get.
        a pattern paste makes all new features, new ID's and so forth. It is a 100% new feature. IF you look, you will see the internal ID when executing a feature (at least I can using V3.7) feature ID (FS01) for dimension (DFS01), the dimension location is (1825) <-- (internal dimension ID) and auto vector (1824). Which is why I am VERY skeptical about them telling you that it is using the decimal point in the internal ID.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

The real question to be asked here is that why do they allow the "forbidden" characters in the feature name id's in the first place if the hidden id containing the illegal characters can't be changed even if the feature name is corrected? That is just plain stupid.
          PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o22.1 SP2

Comment

Well....
            Today we had a visit from Hexagon regarding this and other PCDMIS issues.

When I offered the solution of Paste with pattern, the engineer that previously said it wasn't possible to fix errors seemed somewhat surprised with the offered solution. But, a bit reluctant, he said that it might work.
            He also said that an export to DMIS and an import might work.

On the question why it isn't prohibited to use these 'forbidden' characters in feature names, the answer was:
            'Some clients use them in a different manner when programming in loops and such, and then need these characters. So if we forbid the input of these characters, then other clients will not be able to use that particular style of programming.'
            I personally have no idea when and how he thinks it would be needed.

And to comment on vpt.se:
            The points have been removed from the feature names, but Hexagon says that the ID's are still bad. I personally think the ID's are fine.
            We have issues since going to v2018 and up, and I have a feeling that this guy from Hexagon is trying to point the finger at us instead of them. For the majority of the issues.

Note: Hexagon as a company is trying to fix these issues, only some engineers can be difficult to handle

Comment