Rotating start point of auto plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating start point of auto plane

Is there a way to rotate the start point of an auto plane by, say, 15°?

I am creating a plane on a circular part, in line with the axis, using auto plane, and am taking only 1 row (very thin surface of maybe 3 mm wide) with a 97.945 spacer. There are channel grooves going radially (from center, out toward the edge) on the part, as well as a series of circular grooves that get gradually larger from the center out. The start point of the auto plane naturally falls on one of these radiating grooves. I would like to shift the start point by 15° or.20° so that the probe hits the flat and misses the channel groove.

Anyone know how to do this in the setup for the auto plane?

auto plane hit.JPGauto plane code.JPG

Adjust the angle vector.

Comment

• russd
      russd commented
      Editing a comment
      I perfer to control the plane as stated but, since the plane is in X+, I start stop by changing the angle vector. In this case I would have the 1 in Y or Z as needed. But as he stated. I have a spreadsheet that I use to find those 2d vecotros. Instead of -1, 0, 0 use 0.96592583, 0.25881905 & 0 for the ANGLE VEC for 15 deg shift. Place the larger number in the direction needed.

• Scott D. Haselden
      Scott D. Haselden commented
      Editing a comment
      I put these numbers in and it worked. Thanks, Russ.

By chance, where did you get your spreadsheet that gives you those vector numbers?

Can't ya just drag and drop the individual hits?
    Sheffield Endeavor3 9.20.8, Tesastar-SM, Leitz LSP-X1s & LSP-X1M, PCDMIS 2011 MR1

Comment

• Scott D. Haselden
      Editing a comment
      I'm not programming this one in CAD. our CAD models for these parts are horrible, especially when it comes to taking aligned hits inside those small grooves. There is only 1.5mm clearance, and we are using a 1 mm ball. ALL of numbers have to be precise. to prevent crashing the machine. But I like to use auto features, whenever possible, so that I get even hits.

ASSIGN/V1=MPOINT(COS(DEG2RAD(15)),SIN(DEG2RAD(15)),0), and use V1.I,V1.J and V1.K as angle vector.

Comment

• Scott D. Haselden
      Editing a comment
      I never could quite grasp assign functions. I went through the class, but I still don't quite get that aspect of programming. I've even had people try to explain it to me, but they were never quite able to help me understand the rules and boundaries for using them correctly.