Piercing a cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piercing a cylinder

PIERCING SNIP 2.png I have a small part that is made of plastic, and I already know the part is bad. however, I am trying to prove that a single dimension is causing the rest of the dimensions on the part to be out.

I've taken hits to create a 121.07mm cylinder that is perpendicular to Z.
    I've taken hits to create a 17.5° line along a surface, parallel to "Z" that runs toward the edge of the cylinder.
    I am trying to create a point at the spot of the piercing of the side of the cylinder, in the direction of the line.

I have tried every option in the drop-down menu, including "auto", as well as reversed the order I am taking the points in on every option, but I am either getting all my points in the center of the cylinder, the center of the line, or on the opposite side of the cylinder. This point will be measured along the "Y" axis to a plane on the end of the part, so piercing on the opposite side of the cylinder will not give me anything close to an accurate dimension. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, so that I can get the point to show up somewhere near where indicated by the green arrow? I have 5 of these points to create and measure, all with angled lines of one sort or another, parallel to Z, and perpendicular to the cylinder.

Any enlightenment would be great.

Well it should work with pierce point try reversing the line vector should get the point you want.

Comment

Yes it should work.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UKCMM View Post
        Well it should work with pierce point try reversing the line vector should get the point you want.
        The easiest way to reverse the line vector is to construct a line from the line and selecting Reverse as the construction method.
        PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Schrocknroll View Post

The easiest way to reverse the line vector is to construct a line from the line and selecting Reverse as the construction method.
          This worked perfectly!! Thanks!!

Comment