An Easy Enhancement for Selecting Features in the Feature Appearance Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Easy Enhancement for Selecting Features in the Feature Appearance Box

It would be helpful for me if a "Select All" button was added to the feature appearance list.

You can currently input a "*" wildcard in the Search ID text box of this form but it then takes forever selecting everything in the list one by one.

I believe there is a simple C++ command to have it automatically select everything in this listbox? Without having it search through everything first.

Anyway could a Wilcox guru's or someone with connections pass this info along.

Maybe I dont know the shortcut for selecting everything in the list, other then clicking at the top holding the shift key and selecting the bottom of the list. As most of my programs have over 1500 features. This becomes an annoying task, as most of the time I dont want to see all of them on the screen.
    Attached Files
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
    sigpic

Well, what I will do is make a few show, then close that window and use the right-click-on-a-label in the graphics screen, then show all that way.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I don't know about your version but does holding the shift not work?
      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
        I don't know about your version but does holding the shift not work?
        ME or HIM? It works for me, BUT, to get all the features from that window, your cursor MUST be at the end of the last feature, my method can be done with the cursor ANYWHERE in the program.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          Well, what I will do is make a few show, then close that window and use the right-click-on-a-label in the graphics screen, then show all that way.
          Same here. That's my work-around anyway...
          sigpic
          Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment

The right click in the graphics is what I do too for hide all. ctrl + A would be nice if it worked. Just making sure he knows about the shift thing if he wants it.
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

The shift key works, I just dont like it. It's driving me nuts, but at least they fixed the stupid bug where the shift key didnt work unless you first selected then unselected and finally reselected your first feature in the list. Now I just have a hard time breaking my self of that triple click habit on the first feature.

Matt's idea is good, but because of the number of features I would like to turn them off before I open the Graphics Display. In otherwords I would like to turn them off while the Graphics Display is closed. Another time when this would be useful is when Excel is building my PCDMIS program. In these cases the Graphics window is closed as the code is coming in, which speeds up the transfer. But it will slow down if you dont keep going back to the Feature Appearance Box and turning off the new features options. (Even though they currently arent being displayed anyway.)
              Mr. Comment
              SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrComment View Post
                It would be helpful for me if a "Select All" button was added to the feature appearance list...

What about clicking inside the list and pressing CTRL + A? In 4.2 it selects all for me.
                Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
                [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Originally posted by JaredHess View Post
                  What about clicking inside the list and pressing CTRL + A? In 4.2 it selects all for me.
                  WOW!It actually works.

Nice shortcut.
                  Mr. Comment
                  SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
                  sigpic

Comment

But, it will ONLY select those features that show up in the list, right? If your cursor is NOT at the end of the program, any features BELOW the cursor will not show up in the list and thus will not be effected by this, right? Or does it ignore that?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                      But, it will ONLY select those features that show up in the list, right? If your cursor is NOT at the end of the program, any features BELOW the cursor will not show up in the list and thus will not be effected by this, right? Or does it ignore that?
                      Matt,
                      You're correct as always.
                      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment