Hole Position Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole Position Issue

PCDMIS 2019 R1 build #375. Customer has hole position requirement (FCF attached). Didn't know what the "P" symbol was and had to investigate. So apparently this hole position is "projected" 3mm above the part. I guess for pins, etc. The problem is that I am not seeing this feature available in the software. Basically, I have Max. Material Cond / Least Material Cond. / Regardless of Feature Size. I am not seeing an option for 'P.' Currently on the ASME 14.5Y standard. Changed to other standards with no effect. PCDMIS doesn't support this? HUSCO FCF.jpg

It doesn't but you can set it up correctly. Use a cylinder to take the hole with then create a plane at the correct offset then create a circle from the circle and the plane.
    Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was lost on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

• Douglas
      Douglas commented
      Editing a comment
      would it also work to probe it as a cylinder with the projected zone included in THEO length... but offset the hits to the end of the cylinder in the hole?

It supports a projected tolerance zone in exacmeasure. Click on the <PZ> toggle after the positional tolerance and choose P. Then type in the distance.
    153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
    7107 Global Classic TP20
    2019R1 SP1 CAD++

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by RIDER View Post
        It supports a projected tolerance zone in exacmeasure. Click on the <PZ> toggle after the positional tolerance and choose P. Then type in the distance.
        Hey, you can do that too!!!
        Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was lost on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

Just make sure the projected zone extends in the direction you want.

Comment

• vpt.se
            vpt.se commented
            Editing a comment
            This^^
            Is there a way to doublecheck this?

• LostL
            LostL commented
            Editing a comment
            Iirc the graphics shows the projected zone. Or you can compare position values of the start and end of the cylinder and compare with the projected x y z. Or you can construct the projection manually...

Um...I am still not getting that option in Xact. In the FCF I am only getting the <MC> option not the <PZ>.

Comment

• RIDER
            RIDER commented
            Editing a comment
            It should be right after the material condition modifier <MC> <PZ>. I don't remember if it was an option in 2012. If it's not there, then you will need to do as A-machine-insp said in post 2.

yeah....it's not there. guess I'll have to do it that way....thanks for your time :P

Comment

I think this only works with Cylinders.
            Attached Files

Comment

Measure as cylinder. Also, if you're going to construct it you need to construct an element that extends the entire cylinder and projected zone. So create offset plane, pierce with cylinder, create line from other end of the cylinder to the pierce point, evaluate line. IMHO.

Comment

yeah i was trying to do it with circles.....duh! LOL Thanks everyone!

Comment