Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Target value confusion

Good morning,

We're taking auto vector points, using a model. The work piece has multiple surfaces. On just some of these, the Z target value in the auto vector point dialog box is not what it should be. The report of the profile of a constructed feature set using these vector points spits out an obviously wrong answer. We've zoomed in and it doesn't look like the hit is "buried" in the model. When we snap dimensions on the model in our owners cad system, they are all correct, that is, they are what the drawing says they should be. If we edit the Z target value in the dialog box to the actual drawing value, we get a better answer on the profile, and that answer compares favorably to what we get when we ask for a simple location in Z of one of the points used in the constructed feature set. All of this is using the same datum scheme. It's probably worth mentioning that, our surface is not perpendicular to Z, and we had to use an iges file, because we couldn't get a step file to come through with all of the surfaces visible. We saved both of these as surfaces. This is probably some rank beginner problem that everyone should know the answer to, but we've got to start somewhere. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello!

Target is where he tries to take the point, but he calculates results using theo and actual. Target should normally match theo.

If you can I would suggest posting the code, a lot easier to track issues then.

A good place to start looking is the alignment.

Comment

Sigh,

Turns out it was the alignment. I did something sloppy. Live and learn.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• LostL
        LostL commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn't do much, you solved it yourself.
        If you get weird errors it's commonly the alignment.
        Last edited by LostL; 02-17-2020, 04:59 PM.

9/10 times its the alignment. The other 1/10 its actually 50% of those times its the alignment....

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        1 out 10 it's my fault, 9 out of 10, it's Schlag's fault

• Schlag
        Schlag commented
        Editing a comment
        I was going to go with the anchorman quote " 60% of the time it works 100% of the time ".....