Deviation to centerline usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deviation to centerline usage

Am I using this correctly? I have a square of sheet metal. Alignment is standard 3-2-1 A|B|C (Z is plane, X&Y are edges). One side is bent down for a flange at an angle to X & Y and 90deg to Z. There are holes in that flange and I'm using a CAD model. I have callouts for a profile of the flange (A|B|C) and TP of the holes to A|B|C. The profile (form and location) passes. Now, for the questions:
    1) Is using X,Y & Z with the PerpTo Centerline the proper way to report the holes or should I eliminate one of the axis?
    2) If PerpTo is correct, turning it on and off gets a different TP but the X,Y,Z stays the same. So how do I know how much to move to correct the hole?

Thanks for any repsonses

Originally posted by QCinTN View Post
    Am I using this correctly? I have a square of sheet metal. Alignment is standard 3-2-1 A|B|C (Z is plane, X&Y are edges). One side is bent down for a flange at an angle to X & Y and 90deg to Z. There are holes in that flange and I'm using a CAD model. I have callouts for a profile of the flange (A|B|C) and TP of the holes to A|B|C. The profile (form and location) passes. Now, for the questions:
    1) Is using X,Y & Z with the PerpTo Centerline the proper way to report the holes or should I eliminate one of the axis?
    2) If PerpTo is correct, turning it on and off gets a different TP but the X,Y,Z stays the same. So how do I know how much to move to correct the hole?

Thanks for any repsonses
    USE the perp to center-line, it simulates a stab pin and REMOVES the surface variation from teh TP value. If you turn OFF perp-to-cl, then you MUST remove the surface-axis from the TP dimension. See link:

http://cmmprogrammer.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=102
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment