Circular Moves Toggle Diameter Change Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular Moves Toggle Diameter Change Possible?

I've got a circular part with several notches/tabs sticking out. I'm trying to DCC measure the auto circle (OD) right below those same tabs. However, I cannot seem to change the circular moves toggle diameter so it'll clear the tabs before moving onto the next hit, no matter what I do. Is it possible to make the circular moves toggle bigger?

I'm running PCDMIS 2014 if anyone is wondering.
    Last edited by ALousyUser; 02-05-2020, 03:05 PM.

You can't. It circular moves at the PREHIT distance, so crack that up for the feature.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• ALousyUser
      ALousyUser commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, that makes sense. Thanks a ton!

• louisd
      louisd commented
      Editing a comment
      don't forget to marry it with RETRACT.

Also, if you do not need a large prehit/retract for all of the hits, only a few, you can add clearplanes or move points in between the desired hits by showing hit parameters, showing hits, and insert your move point between the desired hits. I would recommend keeping the show hits toggle set to ON if you do this, otherwise someone could easily miss it in the future.
    Last edited by SingularitY; 02-06-2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• ALousyUser
      ALousyUser commented
      Editing a comment
      That's really helpful. I wasn't aware I could see my hits when using auto features after exiting the Edit window. This is awesome! Thanks.