Alignment fail in loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment fail in loop?

Can anyone shed light on this? Have a manual (marked off) and DCC alignment in my program, runs one part great. When it moves to my second part, I believe it sees it as "square" to machine, based on where it begins to mis-hit. Has to be clocked to lock in place with current fixturing. I was under impression that alignment of first piece would directly influence and carry over with each repetition in loop. Any assist would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Brown and Sharpe Mistral---B&S Micro Excel
    PH10M / TP20
    PHC10-2
    PCDMIS MR1 2009 --- PCDMIS 2012MR1 Cad++

could you post code of your routine? it would be nearly impossible to help otherwise.
    Typically you can mitigate this by doing a rough alignment to the first part, then starting your loop.

However (based on your image) if you do this (rotate square to the first part), your loop offsets would not be orthogonal. As an example let's say the grid you have of them is 6" spacing across 3-rows of parts, and 10" spacing between the two columns. You would have to offset ~6.2" and ~0.3" for the 3x rows, and ~10.4" and ~0.6" for the columns (these weren't trig-ed out, just random numbers to get the point).

I would think the best way to approach it, would be to align to the fixture grid, then start your loop. Align/recall and rotate current alignment by 10 degrees (or whatever your basic angle is), that way your loop offsets stay normal to the fixture grid, and your initial aligns stay normal to the part samples.

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      ^^^This. Post the Code

this do? I've not run into this issue before, but I guess most of my programs are fairly squared to machine
    Attached Files
    PH10M / TP20
    PHC10-2

Comment

There's no loop (or flow control do/until if/Endif, which would enable looping) in that code.
      Also your manual alignment, you construct a 3/2/1, but only origin, why not level and rotate?

Comment

The loop wasn't working, so I removed it so that my techs wouldn't inadvertently run it. The alignment does level and rotate. See A1 (level), and A2 (rotate) for manual align. A6 shows for DCC. Am I missing something here?
        PH10M / TP20
        PHC10-2

Comment