Issue with PointCloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with PointCloud

Hi everyone. I'm trying to export a pointcloud for an Engineer, and I can't seem to get the points to come through when I import. I was successful with just exporting the 2 feature sets to an IGES, NOT using the pointcloud command, but the problem is I have two different surfaces of points. I would like to color coat the points on one surface red, and the other surface blue, to be able to differentiate. Whenever I try to use the pointcloud command to export the two clouds, all that comes through are the vectors of all said points. I attached photos of both situations. I suppose the regular black points would work alright, but it would be nice to have them in different colors. Can someone give me a little insight on why this might be happening, or what I'm doing wrong? I've already tried to find some threads on my specific situation, but came up unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files

I hate IGES for point cloud, try the XYZ option. The cad guys can color each as they import the XYZ data
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Okay, we’ve never used the Pointcloud with PCDmis before, so I didn’t know what worked better. I will send them that too! Thanks for the input.

Comment