V 4.1 corrupt gbarstate file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V 4.1 corrupt gbarstate file

I am running a dea gamma with an LK controller with pcdmis v. 4.1. My machine was retrofitted in December so we could use a Metris laser scanner. I was also given a nifty new supercharged pc so I could handle point cloud data. I was running version 3.7 and 3.253 on my old pc. After the CMM "downgrade" I had to install version 4.1. Since day one I have had a lot of issues with pcdlrn errors. I have been losing a lot of work and my life sucks as a programmer right now. I have been on the phone with B&S to try to get the issue resolved. As soon as we think the problem is gone, here we go again. PCDLRN error. The reason for the error is due to a corrupt gbarstate file under my pcdmis user profile. Does anyone know WHY this file is getting corrupt??? I have gone as far as reinstalling pcdmis on my machine with no luck.

No help with your problem. Alot of issues with 4.1......can you upgrade to 4.2 and see if the issue solves itself.
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

If I do anything as far as that goes, I will try to go back to 3.2.

Comment

I had nothing but problems with my gbarstate files using 4.1. Go to 4.2 can't hurt to try it right? I have been using it since like december and it has been pretty reliable.
        Go...

HERE

...to download the newest beta of 4.2.
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Jim,
          I downloaded the latest 4.2 beta and so far, not so good. The installation went fine with no hang ups, but the problem started when trying to open the first program and importing the cad. The program opens fine, but when the PcDmis starts to generate surfaces, it locks up at the 78% mark. This was attempted three times with no luck. Tried to open the program without the cad which went fine, then tried importing the cad once the program was open and ended up with the same results. The CAD file we are using is 88 meg, but 3.7mr3 can open this with no problem.
          Like to think that this is a video card problem with 4.2, just not so sure. We are using a Pent 4, 1 gig ram, 64mb Gforce video card all tied into a DEA controller.
          Any idea's? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by firehaus View Post
            Jim,
            I downloaded the latest 4.2 beta and so far, not so good. The installation went fine with no hang ups, but the problem started when trying to open the first program and importing the cad. The program opens fine, but when the PcDmis starts to generate surfaces, it locks up at the 78% mark. This was attempted three times with no luck. Tried to open the program without the cad which went fine, then tried importing the cad once the program was open and ended up with the same results. The CAD file we are using is 88 meg, but 3.7mr3 can open this with no problem.
            Like to think that this is a video card problem with 4.2, just not so sure. We are using a Pent 4, 1 gig ram, 64mb Gforce video card all tied into a DEA controller.
            Any idea's? TIA
            Not a 'fix', but if you are DONE with the cad file, you do NOT need it with the program, it will not look at any of the cad file ever again, UNLESS you turn on FIND NOMS WHILE EXECUTING or are using scans with re-learn selected.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Jim,
              Any idea's? TIA
              I had a guy at Tech Support tell me that there was a minumum requirement on the video card of 512mb. If that be the case, you are way off and you might need to look into this. Hope that helps!
              ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

We do that now when checking parts to free up some PC performance, but when we need the CAD file for programming, 4.2 will do us no good unless we can import the cad file.

Comment

Thanks JKB......512 mb card cost a few beans, so we better get used to sticking with our 64 mb card and 3.7.

Comment

Jim,
                    Any idea's? TIA
                    Yeah, I think you need more juice. I know these specs provided say otherwise, but like the specs for new cars they aren't always right on the $$$.
                    Here is the requirements for 4.2...

Minimum Requirements:

- PC-DMIS® 4.2 operates under 32-bit Windows2000 or WindowsXP and the 64-bit (x64) WindowsXP systems. No other
                    operating systems are supported.
                    - Pentium-IV or higher processor is suggested.
                    - 1 GHZ or higher Intel processor.
                    - 512MB of RAM is recommended but significantly more may be required if working with large CAD models.
                    - 500MB of free hard drive space minimum for the application.
                    - SVGA capable monitor.
                    - CD-ROM drive.
                    - USB port available.
                    - The computer must have a graphics card that supports OpenGL shading.
                    We cannot specify an exact graphics card since every user has varying needs.
                    - Nvidia GeForce video cards are not recommended for use with PC-DMIS. This is defined as a "gaming" card according to Nvidia Engineering.
                    - Supports a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher.
                    - RTF file output requires Microsoft Word to be viewed.
                    Recommended Minimums:
                    - Windows2000® or WindowsXP® 32-bit Operating System.
                    - 2 GHZ or higher Intel processor for improved performance.
                    - 1GB of RAM or higher. More RAM may be required if working with large CAD models.
                    You should have RAM equal to 8 times the size of the largest CAD file you will use.
                    (For example, if you use an IGES model of 250 MB, then 2 GB RAM is recommended.)
                    - 1GB of free hard drive space plus allocated Virtual Memory of 8 times the largest CAD file used.
                    - SVGA graphics card that supports OpenGL shading and that has WHQL certified drivers.
                    On board video card memory should be based on the size of CAD file being used.
                    - For small CAD files (less than 50 MB), 32MB video memory.
                    - For medium CAD files (50-100 MB), 64MB video memory.
                    - For large CAD files (> 100 MB), 128MB+ video memory.
                    WHQL (Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs) video drivers can be downloaded automatically when
                    using the Windows Update software.
                    - SVGA capable monitor.
                    - CD-ROM drive.
                    - USB port available.
                    - Supports a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024.
                    - NOTE: Depending on your specific needs, the recommended system specifications for this version of
                    PC-DMIS may be much higher. A more substantial computer system may be required to accommodate
                    part programs using Automation or complex Reporting objects. Be sure to consult with your
                    PC-DMIS distributor to find out the type of computer system you will need in order to run
                    this software at its optimum capability.
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Hi bweldon,
                      I can answer to your original question which was related to the gbarstate.dat corruption. This problem commonly happens consequently to a crash of the application.
                      Reading your comments was clear that before to run into this symptom you had - as you called them - pcdlrn errors that I assume to be crashes.

The work around to this problem is to delete that file from the user subfolder.

Regards

Comment

bweldon

I would use caution going to 4.2 as it has not been released yet. My company and the big three frown on using such. Here even once PC DMIS does release a new version we put it on only to test it, we run it thru many tests and comparsions to the program we are currently running.

Comment