Using Terminal Window to "Reset" the Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Terminal Window to "Reset" the Controller

We all know the routine: "probe unseated...", or you're moving the machine to a read point and it begins to accumulate false hits in the buffer:
    1.Hit E=Stop on Jog box
    2.Reset E=stop on jog box
    3.Enable Machine Start
    ​​​​4.Grab mouse, clear PC-Dmis, continue.

Can't we just terminal window into the controller and reset it?

Hmmm... Internet binge time
    FDC Controller commands.
    Doesn't PC-Dmis have its own terminal window?
    Or did it? Hmmmmx. Xx.
    sigpic

I don't know what exact issue your having but if your having unexpected hits and it's preventing you from retracting from the part then there is a newer version of the firmware that resolves this. Otherwise you can just go into a web browser and go to 100.0.0.1 provided you're not behind a proxy and clear the error from that window.
    Systems Integrator
    Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

Peter is right of course. The "Leitz" common firmware can be commanded from a utility like HyperTerminal, or through the Terminal button of one of PC-DMIS' dialogs. The FDC is commanded through the browser.

Comment

Peter and Don (and Doug) are right of course. The FDC is commanded through the browser BUT.... I hit the wrong button and sent a missile and destroyed the company executive restroom.
        (the Optiv controller is a bit tricky)

Comment

The false hits in the buffer just needs Alt + -(that's hold the Alt key and hit the minus key) to subtract the hits.
          PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Thank you very much Don. The FDC interface is perfect for what I'm looking for. I run a GLOBAL 20-40-20, and it wears me out jumping up and grabbing the jog box to reset the sensor. Thank you.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cumofo View Post
              We all know the routine: "probe unseated...", or you're moving the machine to a read point and it begins to accumulate false hits in the buffer:.
              We know this routine, but we rectify the root cause of the problem, instead of finding a more efficient work-around or band-aid.

So... What is causing your false-triggers when traversing manually?
              In order for us to help, we'd need to know some info:
              Sensor related causes:
              What probe sensor are you using?
              What are your opt. probe settings? (F10 Opt.Probe tab)
              Do you have spare probe sensor components (bodies/modules) you can use to determine which specific component might be worn out/broken?

Machine-related causes:
              How is your air supply? is it clean dry air? At proper & consistent pressure?
              How are your air bearings and ways? are they clean?
              What about your drive belts and pulleys? If you move in X Y or Z, while holding/feeling machine quill, do you feel vibrations?
              Are your scales and readheads clean?

Lastly, what controller do you have? On some controllers, you can go into FDC and toggle the probe to be active ONLY in turtle mode.

Comment

• louisd
                louisd commented
                Editing a comment
                woot! Post #1001 for me

• sealevel
                sealevel commented
                Editing a comment
                and 99.847% of yer posts are worth the read!

Originally posted by louisd View Post
              while holding/feeling machine quill, do you feel vibrations?
              -Yes I do, but I'm afraid to make the first move. I could love her, but she's a machine, and it will never work out.

Originally posted by louisd View Post
              Are your scales and readheads clean?.
              -OH, you know me too well. Of course I have a scalely redhead, and she'll NEVER come clean!
              sigpic

Comment

• louisd
                louisd commented
                Editing a comment
                So... I presume you DO NOT want to fix the root cause?

• Cumofo
                Cumofo commented
                Editing a comment
                Ohh, I had lots of fun. and when my boss walked in and saw the machine with all the covers off he just said "oh Sh*T". But I got it. I got the Y axis clean and chatter free, the Z mast is smooth as butter. And I think I found the problem with all the false hits and triggers, The drive belt bracket was prying loose from the Y axis WAYS. and; NO DAMPING ENABLED? Plus the wrong baud rate too. After all that I did a lower level matrix calibration and most of our heavily used probes, Ta'Da! Sub-micron devations like:.000001! We shall see how long it all holds up... Of course the Pc-Demon isn't easily exorcised by our puny mortal powers.

• louisd
                louisd commented
                Editing a comment
                As long as your boss didn't see you with all YOUR covers off, talking like that, lol.

Really enjoying the FDC interface. The controller has no more errors start up. I can just see when it's ready and at state, then execute PC-DMIS with no more connection errors.
              Thanks for the help!
              sigpic

Comment