Dragged Hits 'Collapsing'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragged Hits 'Collapsing'

I am in the auto-circle window. I am trying to drag my hits around on an OD circle. I can drag around the first hit and change the start end angles just fine. If I go to drag around my other hits to avoid a flat on the diameter sometimes they drag fine, other times they 'collapse' in toward the OD and end up with a funny vector. Anyone know why this is?

I have had it happen to me. I have found that using 3D rotate and zoom so that my graphics of the feature are large and "square" helps to prevent this. Make sure you click on the hit "arrow" and not the path "line" in between.

It is touchy, but if you blow it up and are careful you can usually avoid the collapse. HTH
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Wes,

I just read this, thanks! Nice clue. No training here so now I'm one clue less clueless! What did I just say.........

TK
      sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by tking View Post
        Wes,

I just read this, thanks! Nice clue. No training here so now I'm one clue less clueless! What did I just say.........

TK
        You said that you were drinking too many home brews last nite.....
        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
        Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
          You said that you were drinking too many home brews last nite.....
          Oh, good. Thanks, dwade. Reassurance is always good. I think I'm better now.

TK
          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
            I have had it happen to me. I have found that using 3D rotate and zoom so that my graphics of the feature are large and "square" helps to prevent this. Make sure you click on the hit "arrow" and not the path "line" in between.

It is touchy, but if you blow it up and are careful you can usually avoid the collapse. HTH
            Thanks but it didn't help. It would seem that clicking on the hit or the path does the same thing.

What I did was once I got them all placed, I tabbed through the feature in the edit window and changed the j vector value (circle vector 0,1,0) to zero. That seems to have taken care of it nicely.

Comment

Good luck,
              It is certainly the relationship between the graphic view and the part orientation. Use the squaring button in the auto-feature box, and zoom window to resolve this.
              PC-Dmis has the best graphical based programming interfaces I've seen, the only other program that comes close is verisurf. Using the graphic interface takes some hand eye conditioning, you may wish to practice 1-2 hours a day on a video game like tetris to improve your skills.

G
              Last edited by Cumofo; 07-12-2007, 07:51 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cumofo View Post
                Good luck,
                It is certainly the relationship between the graphic view and the part orientation. Use the squaring button in the auto-feature box, and zoom window to resolve this.
                That is exactly what I am doing. It seems like if I move them quickly there isn't a problem but if I grab hold and hold on for a few seconds, they will collapse.

PC-Dmis has the best graphical based programming interfaces I've seen, the only other program that comes close is verisurf. Using the graphic interface takes some hand eye conditioning, you may wish to practice 1-2 hours a day on a video game like tetris to improve your skills.
                [ATTACH]1291[/ATTACH]

G

Comment

My *** has been dragging lately but I have not had any problems with it collapsing.
                  sigpic
                  Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                  PCDMIS 2012
                  Windows Office XP

Comment

My *** has been dragging

Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
                    My *** has been dragging lately but I have not had any problems with it collapsing.

I think this *** may collapse soon.
                    http://mud.mm-a5.yimg.com/image/3342053401
                    sigpic

Comment

My *** has been dragging

I think this *** may collapse soon.
                      http://mud.mm-a5.yimg.com/image/3342053401
                      But Not this one...

[Image Removed by Admin]
                      Last edited by Admin; 04-27-2007, 05:42 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

But Not this one...
                        [Image Removed by Admin]
                        Oh, definitely not that one...
                        Last edited by Admin; 04-27-2007, 05:42 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                        PCDMIS 2012
                        Windows Office XP

Comment

I was told by an instructor that that functionality was not working correctly in 3.7MR3 and that it was fixed in 4.0. Well, in 4.1 I have found that when dragging hits, it looks fine. But when you run the feature, the depth goes about 4 x the typed depth. This apparently is not working in 4.1 either. We are staying away from it here. FYI
                          sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post

I have blown up/zoomed in about as close as feasable, but every time I try to drag a hit, the hit and the path lines between hits get all crooked and garbled. This is so frustrating!!

I'm running 3.7mr3 by the way. Anybody else know a workaround?
                            ** "Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"~ Ulysses Everett McGill **

Comment