Reference Chart For B Angles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference Chart For B Angles?

We have a few new people starting to learn the CMM, they are having a hard time with the B angles does anyone have a reference chart I could print out to make it easier for them? As in if they needed a A90B75 they could visualize it? I looked on google and couldn't find anything.

It depends on how the probe head is mounted in *your* machine - this may differ between different systems, and sometimes even between otherwise identical machines.

Draw a circle on paper, mark out all interesting B angles, put the paper in the machine so that A90B0 points at 0.
    AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

If the probe head is mounted such that A90B0 is pointing toward the front of the machine, +B=+X side of machine, -B=-X side of machine

Comment

5 years later on pcdmis and I still get messed up between T2 and T4 on a star probe, the convention is opposite that of zeiss machines

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
          5 years later on pcdmis and I still get messed up between T2 and T4 on a star probe, the convention is opposite that of zeiss machines
          star probe def.JPG

ftp://ftp.wilcoxassoc.com/docs/How%2...StarProbes.zip

Comment

• Douglas
            Douglas commented
            Editing a comment
            yep... guess what pcdmis does if you do not populate the tips in order(connection 2,3,4,5)? you can mess up tip vectors by the order you enter them in the probe file in pcdmis... always start at the top and work down, yes I learned this the hard way.

What it did was call the first tip T2 no matter where I put it and followed that convention, so you can actually make them whatever you (dare)want

• AndersI
            AndersI commented
            Editing a comment
            I was just about to write the same as Douglas have already done - don't trust that picture, the order you fill the slots also plays a role!

• RandomJerk
            RandomJerk commented
            Editing a comment
            If you don't make a complete star, e.g. one with tips in only XMINUS (#4) and YMINUS (#5), fill in ALL the slots with dummy tips, once you get the ones you want, delete the others. Once the T# is assigned, it won't change, at least.

CMM B Angle Chart.JPG

I made this, If anyone would like it for a newbie.

Comment