How to regenerate hit targets efficiently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to regenerate hit targets efficiently?

Hello,

I was hoping someone could advise on how to regenerate hit targets based on the feature theoreticals?
    I have about 500 measured points that i need the CMM to hit while in DCC mode.
    I have just manually changed the theoretical hit vectors, but I didn't check the box.
    Is there an easy way to regenerate the hit targets?

Thank you,

Ahb723

So what are you trying to move exactly ? If you were trying to move every hit by +.010 in Z ( just an example ) you could do that with an alignment change by offsetting Z axis by that value , answer the question if you want to update, ( yes or no ) and then delete the alignment and then answer the question again ( correctly !! ). This is a powerful tool that should never be done on your only copy of the program !!!!! Copy and rename your program and play around with it. Without knowing more this is kind of tough to answer.

Comment

• Ahb723
      Ahb723 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am taking hits in a line on a cylinder every 10 degrees. so there are 36 lines. i needed to change the theoretical hit vectors because they were all <0,0,1> so the probe would not try to actually hit the cylinder wall, but go through it to get to the points location.

What about Operation>Features... Update Nominals From CAD?
    "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

• Ahb723
      Ahb723 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wasnt using a cad model. I originally created the cylinder in solidworks and imported it as a iges file, but It seemed as though the model wasnt a perfect cylinder because when I would run the program there would be points that were out of spec.

If you imported it as an IGES ....isnt that a CAD ? What did you do with it inside of DMIS ? And I have to ask...... How do you make an imperfect cylinder in CAD ?

Comment

• Schlag
      Schlag commented
      Editing a comment
      I would redo the 1 line, make sure its correct !!! then copy paste with pattern to get the 38 lines, CONSTRUCTED Cylinder, dimension. BOOM ! Done.

How big is this cylinder ? 500 points seems ridiculous in 1 feature for some reason. If you need that many hits to hopefully " find" a high and low, how did you come up with that number ? What are the odds youre missing them anyways ??? Why not just do an auto circle ? Define how many hits per level and how many levels ? As long as the THEO of the features is correct the hits all will be ?
      Last edited by Schlag; 12-20-2019, 04:29 PM.