No Probing Within Probe Limit (but it is within!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Probing Within Probe Limit (but it is within!)

Hello I'm trying to measure a part running a program that was sent to me. It was running ok but then when it went to measure one point it said it said "no probing within probe limit" but it does touch the part and it does it on the right place. Is it an error?

Attached Files

right on the 'limit', increase the prehit & retract values for that hit.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• Hirxm
      Hirxm commented
      Editing a comment
      I have already done so but it keeps saying the same error.

You can increase your "CHECK" distance. Maybe part is just barely out of the check-distance range.

Comment

• Hirxm
      Hirxm commented
      Editing a comment
      Where can I see the "check distance"?

Originally posted by Hirxm View Post
    Hello I'm trying to measure a part running a program that was sent to me. It was running ok but then when it went to measure one point it said it said "no probing within probe limit" but it does touch the part and it does it on the right place. Is it an error?
    Is the vector correct for the hit?
    3.7mr3CAD++ / 2011mr1CAD++/2012mr1CAD++/QUINDOS7

Comment

"Check" distance is under F10, Motion tab on my version of PCDMIS
      Sheffield Endeavor3 9.20.8, Tesastar-SM, Leitz LSP-X1s & LSP-X1M, PCDMIS 2011 MR1

Comment

• louisd
        louisd commented
        Editing a comment
        you can also type it into the routine (at the top of your routine, within the edit window).

Ok I changed the Check distance just as louisd and hi-tech redneck said and it worked. Thanks. Can anyone explain to me what the check distance is?

Comment

• Hi-Tech Redneck
        Hi-Tech Redneck commented
        Editing a comment
        not 100% sure, but I wanna say it's a percentage before and after Theo location the machine will "Look" for a hit

• Matthew D. Hoedeman
        Matthew D. Hoedeman commented
        Editing a comment
        CHECK is really only useful when the Pcdmis default don't work. For example, to stop the machine from traveling as far when it misses the part, or if there is an interference issue under a hole (for find hole). I've only used it a couple times in 30 years. WITHOUT a CHECK command in the program, Pcdmis will travel TWICE as far as the prehit value past the THEO values for a touch.

Searching check distance in the index of the help file gives a great description with very helpful graphics!

Comment

I just want to let everyone know that i was running the incorrect program.

Comment

check is how much further it will go past the theoretical hit to find the surface. If it does not find the part within the check distance you get the alarm you described. Call me old fashioned but I say screw pcdmis defaults and always have them in my program

Comment