Create Cylinder from different size circles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Cylinder from different size circles?

I tried this by creating generic features with the circles to make them the same size. Didn't work since the construct cylinder would not see the generic feature as a circle even though it IS a generic 'circle'. Any other way to trick PC-Dmis into accepting this? When I try to just created a cylinder with the circles it throws the center point off big time.Thanks!
    Last edited by tami_; 12-17-2019, 10:34 AM.

Not really sure exactly what you are trying to do, but if you are looking for the vector between center points, construct a 3D line. Then take the IJK from the line and insert it into a generic cylinder with whatever diameter you want.
    153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
    7107 Global Classic TP20
    2019R1 SP1 CAD++

Comment

If you want to construct two separate size diameters together, geometrically speaking that is a cone. If you click to construct a cone, PC DMIS can handle that construction all day.

If you want the AXIS that the two circles share, simply construct a line from the center-point of one circle to the other.
      SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

I just ended up using a 3d line. Only needed the center points anyway. Tried to construct a cone too but it didn't like that either but the center line worked. Thanks.
        t

Comment