Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Axis Scale Damage

Hello,

I have an issue with the X Axis scale on our Global 7.5.7 CMM. In some areas the centre gold strip looks dark / discoloured almost like its de-laminated. This is causing the machine to stop in this area throwing up an amplitude error.
    I am aware that we might need to potentially replace the scale, does anyone know the cost involved for this kind of work?

I understand the machine will need to be remapped and calibrated, I'm just wondering what sort of cost to expect, I know it wont be cheap.
    Last edited by Danmun90; 12-14-2019, 10:57 AM.

Do u have an active hardware agreement? It’s will cost u if not.

Comment

Unfortunately we dont....

Comment

We renew the hardware agreements with hexagon every year just for instances like this. I had an x scale and encoder replaced on a Tigo sf after 2 months after the install date. Of course it was under warranty. I had a servo replaced on another Tigo that I used for over a year and we had an active HMA so it was all covered including labor and travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Danmun90 View Post
          Hello,

I have an issue with the X Axis scale on our Global 7.5.7 CMM. In some areas the centre gold strip looks dark / discoloured almost like its de-laminated. This is causing the machine to stop in this area throwing up an amplitude error.
          I am aware that we might need to potentially replace the scale, does anyone know the cost involved for this kind of work?

I understand the machine will need to be remapped and calibrated, I'm just wondering what sort of cost to expect, I know it wont be cheap.
          The only way to know is to contact service to get a quote. It shouldn't require a whole machine remap though. As long as it's just the X axis scale that was damaged then you will probably be able to get away with just the linear for that axis if I recall correctly. It won't be cheap but it shouldn't be too much of an event and probably get done quicker than you expect.
          Systems Integrator
          Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

Thanks Peter.
            it will be sorted in the next couple of days. The cost wasn't as bad as originally thought.

Comment