Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with DMIS code to PC-DMIS convertion

Hello,

I am running PC-DMIS 2014.1 and I have a program written in LK Camio Software.

When I am trying to import DMIS code to PC-DMIS my soft crashes all the time:

image_17923.jpg

I already know that PC-DMIS cannot import DMIS code perfectly, and a lot of gurus advise to re-write the program. But I will have plenty of programs written in LK Camio, so it might save me some time if I need only to check and adjust them if necessary instead of re-writing.

Can please someone convert a program for me so at least I can understand does it worth all this struglings with converting or not?

Would much appreciate assistance

Originally posted by oleksandr View Post
    I already know that PC-DMIS cannot import DMIS code perfectly, and a lot of gurus advise to re-write the program. But I will have plenty of programs written in LK Camio, so it might save me some time if I need only to check and adjust them if necessary instead of re-writing.
    This is the best advice for converting programs from any DMIS output to the DEMON. I've tried several times converting GeoMeasure and it took a lot more time to convert it than what I would have spent to re-write it.

IMHO a real PITA to do.
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

ive run lk-dmis and camio many years, now running pc-dmis . they do seem compatible , but they are not just due to small verbiage changes.
      i have done the simple copy from one and paste to the other thinking i will just fix it at the points of error . didn't work

Comment

Language translations are a PITA and require a lot of time and effort.

I recommend making some coffee and re-writing the code.

SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

It also depends on the program. If you have hundreds of points for example, it might be worth importing and then copying the points into a new program. I've had success with importing DMIS from Virtual DMIS into PC-DMIS. You need carefully analyze what's going on so see how it converts commands. If you aren't very fluent in "reading" a PC-DMIS program and finding syntax or logic errors, it probably isn't safe to just import it.
          PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment