Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning

Good afternoon,
    I want to use a scan to report out a profile. However, the machine I use don't have a scanning probe head. I using a Hexagon Global using smart probes. The software is CAD 2019 R1. Thanks for any help I can get on this.
    Darroll
    2018R2

what are smart probes? Hexagon branded TP20's?
    you'd have to give us some more info on what you are looking to scan (a section cut, a perimeter, a whole surface?)
    Also tolerance ranges are pretty relevant, as there's no need to probe thousands of points for a very lax tolerance, yeah?

Comment

• Darrollh
      Darrollh commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok. I’m on my way out the door. I will revisit this tomorrow. Thanks.

• zbailey
      zbailey commented
      Editing a comment
      I think he may be talking about analog probes for tactile scans.

You can create a profile from a selection of points by making a set as far as I can recall, its been a while since I've done that though. If you don't have an analog probe that might be the best option unless there is another way I am not sure of. Ive never seen a scan done with a TP20 style digital module before.

Comment

Scanning works just fine with TP20s. Instead of dragging the probe, It just takes a bunch of individual points. Kind of like watching a really expensive sewing machine.

So its not as painful to watch I'd recommend lowering your prehit AND retract while you're scanning.
      SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment