2019R1 Scanning Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019R1 Scanning Issues

Just reaching out to see if anyone else has some insight...

I've been test driving 2019R1 for a few weeks. Haven't had too many issues except in the scanning department.

I previously used 2014.1 and it seems that some changes were made to the scanning features. Specifically, I can't get Section or Perimeter scans to behave like they did in 2014.1. 2019R1 seems to be very stubborn about boundaries. I have a parasolid model that I KNOW is good concerning surface data. I can generate a perimeter scan .05" from the edge of a surface in 2014.1. I cannot get 2019 R1 to generate the same scan. I'm getting a warning about bad surface data.

Anyone else seeing these issues?
    Negative, Ghostrider...the pattern is full...

Everything that I've programmed offline with cad + scanning, needs to be re-defined upon running online, using 2018R1 on both seats. My programming offline is rock solid otherwise.
    I haven't had much experience in scanning, so it's all relatively new to me. Can't speak more to it than that.

Comment

There has recently been reports of edge offsets being wrong when using inches for your routine. This has been resolved check for a service pack.

Comment

I'm running the latest Service Pack (SP5).
        Negative, Ghostrider...the pattern is full...

Comment