Can PC-DMIS Automatically Advance An Alphabetical Feature Name Like A Number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can PC-DMIS Automatically Advance An Alphabetical Feature Name Like A Number?

As the topic titles asks, can PC-DMIS automatically change an alphabetical feature name like a number?

For instance, if I make a feature named Feature_1 and allow PC-DMIS to make that the default name, the next feature will be Feature_2.

What if I want it to label the first feature Feature_A and the second Feature_B?

Before the suggestion is made, I don't control all of the naming schemes for features as my manager demands I use alphabetical rather than numerical, and when you've got 24 features, it would be nice if PC-DMIS could handle A-X instead of 1-24.

Thanks in advance!

nope, numbers only
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Not automatically, but you could try ASSIGN/V1="FEATURE_"+CHR(65), then call the feature V1, which should be FEATURE_A
      It you ASSIGN/V2=65, andthen V2=V2+1, you could name the feature as you want.

Comment

• MUlissi
        MUlissi commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess it's time to start applying my computer science/programming knowledge then.

Can you recommend any resources/reading material on the subject as it pertains to PC-DMIS? Also, is it Visual Basic, another language, or proprietary but based on something?

Here :
      ftp://ftp.wilcoxassoc.com/docs/v2019...ore_manual.zip
      Print rhe "Using_Expressions_and_Variables" chapter (maybe 26 ?) and have always it close to you when you program !!!!!

Comment

• VinniUSMC
        VinniUSMC commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that link super Jefman

• MUlissi
        MUlissi commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks very much!

F1 Help file

Functions List
      Hit arrays: