Diameters on Angled Surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diameters on Angled Surface

So, I have eleven of these diameters on this angled surface I've tried a scan but it doesnt follow the contour of the I.D., I have a picture of an auto circle but its off on the bottom, and I can auto circle each diameter as a half which will probe evenly but then im not able to construct a 55mm diameter circle out of those two circles, which all eleven of these have a true position callout so my question is can i angle my auto feature to get this data??? H2.JPGK1.JPG

Is the surface with the holes flat, conical or curved.

Comment

I would try some edge point with a paste/pattern, or sample hits on a autocircle.

Comment

Perimeter scan would also work. Is this an angled plane or contoured plane? If it's just an angled face, pick up a plane around the hole and align to it or use sample hits prior to probing the circle. If it's a contour, does the print define the angle at which the circle /plane s located?
      You could take a 2D circle out of the equation and perform 2 layers of perimeter scans and construct a cylinder.

Comment

• SingularitY
        SingularitY commented
        Editing a comment
        You could also use vector points a different levels of the circle and construct a cylinder also, but scanning would be quicker.

It looks like the 'cylinder' is not punched perpendicular to your surface - this means you're actually following an ellipse if you are following the inside of the 'cylinder'.

Maybe you could try F5, Show Extended Sheet Metal Options, and select Use Pin in the Auto Circle dialog. See more in the Help:

PinPunch.PNG
      AndersI
      SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

You could just use an auto circle and apply a pitch to the hits.

Comment

• neil.challinor
          neil.challinor commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe - depends on how thick the material is. Two half-circles should still be relatively simple, you would just need to construct a full circle out of them afterwards.

• zoolander303
          zoolander303 commented
          Editing a comment
          the pitch wont extend to the material thickness on the bottom, i can do two half circles, but when i try and construct one full out of the two halfs it tells me i cant and the math failed etc....???

• SingularitY
          SingularitY commented
          Editing a comment
          Constructing a circle out of 2 halves you would need to be in the correct workplane, have the 2D option selected, and you may need to extract the points. CIR1.HIT[1..CIR1.NUMHITS], CIR2.HIT[1..CIR2.NUMHITS],, would be changed from the normal CIR1, CIR2,, feature list in the constructed feature.

Create an offset CS to where the feature is supposed to be, then measure the hole with 3 pt sample/3 point ID, origin XYZ from that then scan relative to that CS. Tolerance to the CS as specified in FCF.
        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
        Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment