Can I send one auto report to 2 different file locations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I send one auto report to 2 different file locations?

I'm wondering if my auto report command can be modified to send the same report to 2 different file locations. One being our main shared drive and the other file being my own folder within our shared drive. As an offline programmer I would like to know when my program was ran because I like to verify the results for proofing reasons.

I haven't done anything like this personally, but this link may be able to help you.

https://docs.hexagonmi.com/pcdmis/20...ile&rhsyns=%20

Comment

Just playing around with the print command, I can get it to save to 2 locations by inserting 2 print commands. In order to see the data on the second report, I had to copy the dimensions and paste them under the first print command. The second report loses the header information that is normally on the first page so you would need to do some assignments and comments to get that info onto the second report. Haven't tried this online yet.
      Code:
      CYL1,CYL2,CYL3
                  FEATCTRLFRAME/SHOWNOMS=YES,SHOWPARAMS=YES,SHOWEXPANDED=YES,
                  CADGRAPH=OFF,REPORTGRAPH=OFF,TEXT=OFF,MULT=10.00,ARROWDENSITY=100,OUTPUT=BOTH,UNITS=IN,
                  COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=NO,DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=OFF,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=Datum Reference Frame
                  CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
                  STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
                    SIZE TOLERANCES/3,DIAMETER,0.1005,0.0025,0.0025
                    PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.015,MMC,<PZ>,<len>,A,B,C
                    SECONDARY DIMENSION/,<tol>,<MC>,<dat>,<dat>,<dat>
                    NOTE/FCFLOC1
                  FEATURES/CYL1,CYL2,CYL3,,
                  Set
                  <NEW>
                  CYL1
                  <NEW>
                  CYL2
                  <NEW>
                  CYL3
                  <NEW>
      DIM LOC1= LOCATION OF CYLINDER CYL1  UNITS=IN ,$
      GRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=10.00  OUTPUT=BOTH  HALF ANGLE=NO
      AX    NOMINAL       +TOL       -TOL       MEAS        DEV     OUTTOL        MAX        MIN
      D       0.0980     0.0025     0.0025     0.0980     0.0000     0.0000     0.0980     0.0980 ---------#----------
      END OF DIMENSION LOC1
      DIM LOC2= LOCATION OF CYLINDER CYL2  UNITS=IN ,$
      AX    NOMINAL       +TOL       -TOL       MEAS        DEV     OUTTOL        MAX        MIN
      D       0.0980     0.0025     0.0025     0.0980     0.0000     0.0000     0.0980     0.0980 ---------#----------
      END OF DIMENSION LOC2
      DIM LOC3= LOCATION OF CYLINDER CYL3  UNITS=IN ,$
      END OF DIMENSION LOC3
                  PRINT/REPORT,EXEC MODE=END,$
                    TO_FILE=ON,PROMPT,AUTO OPEN=OFF,$
                    TO_PRINTER=OFF,COPIES=1,$
                    TO_DMIS_REPORT=OFF,FILE_OPTION=INDEX,FILENAME=,$
                    REPORT_THEORETICALS=NONE,REPORT_FEATURE_WITH_DIMENSIONS=NO,$
                    TO_EXCEL=OFF,$
                    PREVIOUS_RUNS=DELETE_INSTANCES
                  COMMENT/REPT,
                  second report
      FCFLOC1 =POSITION : CYL1,CYL2,CYL3
                  FEATCTRLFRAME/SHOWNOMS=YES,SHOWPARAMS=YES,SHOWEXPANDED=YES,
                  CADGRAPH=OFF,REPORTGRAPH=OFF,TEXT=OFF,MULT=10.00,ARROWDENSITY=100,OUTPUT=BOTH,UNITS=IN,
                  COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=NO,DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=OFF,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=Datum Reference Frame
                  CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
                  STANDARDTYPE=CUSTOM
                    SIZE TOLERANCES/3,DIAMETER,0.1005,0.0025,0.0025
                    PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.015,MMC,<PZ>,<len>,A,B,C
                    SECONDARY DIMENSION/,<tol>,<MC>,<dat>,<dat>,<dat>
                    NOTE/FCFLOC1
                  FEATURES/CYL1,CYL2,CYL3,,
                  Set
                  <NEW>
                  CYL1
                  <NEW>
                  CYL2
                  <NEW>
                  CYL3
                  <NEW>
      DIM LOC1= LOCATION OF CYLINDER CYL1  UNITS=IN ,$
      END OF DIMENSION LOC1
      DIM LOC2= LOCATION OF CYLINDER CYL2  UNITS=IN ,$
      END OF DIMENSION LOC2
      DIM LOC3= LOCATION OF CYLINDER CYL3  UNITS=IN ,$
      END OF DIMENSION LOC3
                    TO_FILE=ON,PROMPT,AUTO OPEN=OFF,$
                    TO_EXCEL=OFF,$
      153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
      7107 Global Classic TP20
      2019R1 SP1 CAD++

Comment

• bswagger
        bswagger commented
        Editing a comment
        RIDER, just to double check...since you have "prompt" on that means the operator would have to manually save it into the desired file location right? Would they have to do that twice then?

As RIDER pointed out that should work. However a workaround for putting dimensions in 2 times would be the attached script. It just refreshes the report window. I don't even remember where I found it but I use it for the same reason. Just change the .txt extension to .bas and insert in between your print commands.
      Attached Files

Comment

Or simply reload the report template again before the second print command

Code:
                      TO_FILE=ON,OVERWRITE=C:\CMM Files\2018 R1\Progs\2018 prog.PDF,AUTO OPEN REPORT=OFF,$
                      TO_EXCEL_OUTPUT=OFF,$
        CS2        =REPORT/TEMPLATE, FILENAME= AUTOREPORT.RTP, Section=-1,REPORTMODE=INSERT
                    PARAM/=
                    ENDREPORT/
                      TO_FILE=ON,OVERWRITE=C:\Temp\2018 prog.PDF,AUTO OPEN REPORT=OFF,$
                      TO_EXCEL_OUTPUT=OFF,$
        Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Would a copy command work?

Code:
                        TO_FILE=ON,OVERWRITE=FILE1,AUTO OPEN REPORT=OFF,$
                        TO_EXCEL_OUTPUT=OFF,
          $$ NO,

FILE/COPY,FILE1,FILE2,OVERWRITE

Comment

I'm currently trying RIDER's suggestion and it does work. I put a group on the second report and then turned that group off so that the operators don't see everything twice. I'm still going to mess around with it for a bit.

Comment

• louisd
              louisd commented
              Editing a comment
              the biggest shortfall to this, is if one dimension is OOS, your count of OOS at the bottom of the edit window will show two dimensions OOS, confusing (and potentially freaking out) your operators

I want to try the copy command as well...I will check back in when I do...

Comment

I remember the days that I'd write a .bat file to do this... CMMs before windows was a different game

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                I remember the days that I'd write a .bat file to do this... CMMs before windows was a different game
                Batch files still work, but powershell is much more capable.

Comment

• Douglas
                  Douglas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  These days I work within the confines of pcdmis, batch files and shell commands are no longer my strong suit I'd prefer to forget about all that if possible lol

A good maintenance supervisor has a combination of technical knowledge, organizational skills, and management skills which they use to run their team effectively. ... Work hard to stay ahead of problems by performing regular maintenance and making repairs quickly. Check out Microsoft compatibility telemetry from this site.
                Last edited by jeffkdanies; 01-23-2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Another work around that I feel is similar to what you’re trying to achieve, but more convenient . Just use some File IO. Assign a variable to carry the part number, and just write it to a txt file at the very end of your program. That way when it runs through you can just go to whatever folder you store your reports and review it.
                  Attached Files

Comment