Perpendicularity of a Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perpendicularity of a Cylinder

I am trying to measure perpendicularity of a cylinder to a plane. The physical plane surface is directly perpendicular to the cylinder axis. The issue is my result is always zero. Also tried it as a constructed line using the cylinder and same result. The workplane is correct (-X)....cylinder axis is parallel to Z.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bpenn2112; 11-18-2019, 01:10 PM.

What is your displayprecision value set to? Maybe increase it?
    Post code of your features and dimension output, so we can see what you are.

Comment

• bpenn2112
      bpenn2112 commented
      Editing a comment
      Resolution is 4 places in mm

Always pick your datum 2nd. So if the cylinder is the datum you would tolerance the plane to the datum in legacy. in xact you would define the datum cylinder and then only select the plane then the datum in the control frame.
    Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

• bpenn2112
      bpenn2112 commented
      Editing a comment
      I posted the perp window.

Looks like you haven't run CYL_B yet. Datum A has been run, maybe run the whole thing?
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• AndersI
      AndersI commented
      Editing a comment
      But the A datum is not perfect, so there should still be a perp result with a nominal CYL_B?

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, AndersI but if he or she didn't run CYL_B, then most likely didn't run the feature callout either, I have notice when using Xact, even if you run the features, if you don't run the callout, it doesn't change either, that's why I'll highlight the 2 features and the callout and Execute Block.

• louisd
      louisd commented
      Editing a comment
      Not if he levels to A datum and and doesn't measure CYL_B... It will still show perfect

I agree with KIRBSTER269 Are you running marked sets? If so, make sure the cylinder is marked for execution.

Comment