Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time scanning

Hi all,

I've been tasked with programming with scanning probes. We've never ever used these in this company before. I am using a PH10M - SP25M - SH25-1 setup. I was on Level 1 of Hexagon's classes and they explained a little on scanning probes-mostly how to calibrate them. What i don't know is - Can i use auto features with scanning? Does it work the same as TTP? I always program offline with CAD model. I built the probe and just started to play around and i can't seem to understand how to scan. Do i have to be online for scanning?
    I have not put the physical probe in use yet-and i have not calibrated, I'm just playing offline to try and understand first before i do anything. I usually do manual alignment-dcc alignment-all features-lastly dimensioning. Do i do this with scanning too?

Scanning is only taking much more hits in much less time.
    With a scanning head, you can take hits manually, so your manual alignment is the same.
    You have different ways to scan, using the "analog scan strategy" in the autofeatures (the number of hits showed is this of ttp, but you have to define the hits/mm and it scans).
    You can also use basic scans, but be carefull with them, ther are very easy to program BUT the "scan now" button is always selected by default, so the scan begins when you click OK..
    It can be badly surprising !!!!!!

If someone knows how to unselect this button, please share it !!!!!

Comment

and it you are doing vector points or edge points, it will take a LOT longer to do than with a TTP due to the way the probe works.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• HxSwartwood
        HxSwartwood commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure if this applies to all scanning heads, but on our X1H you can enable fastprobe which makes it act like a touch trigger for parts you are not scanning.

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
      Scanning is only taking much more hits in much less time.
      With a scanning head, you can take hits manually, so your manual alignment is the same.
      You have different ways to scan, using the "analog scan strategy" in the autofeatures (the number of hits showed is this of ttp, but you have to define the hits/mm and it scans).
      You can also use basic scans, but be carefull with them, ther are very easy to program BUT the "scan now" button is always selected by default, so the scan begins when you click OK..
      It can be badly surprising !!!!!!

If someone knows how to unselect this button, please share it !!!!!
      How do i do this? I don't see where can i define hits/mm

Comment

https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...-scanning-help

In here are my settings and they seem to work good for me. check out the last post. If you get some crappy readings, slow your scan speed down.
        (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
        They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRBSTER269 View Post
          https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...-scanning-help

In here are my settings and they seem to work good for me. check out the last post. If you get some crappy readings, slow your scan speed down.
          Thank you!! I did search the forum before i made this post-but it didn't show me much.

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
            KIRBSTER269 commented
            Editing a comment
            Offset force is usually defaulted at .05 or .076 N. I have played around with this, and I have found that 1mm and bigger probes, tend to work good with the .120 N setting, if you go smaller probes, probably want to back this force back, maybe keep default settings. so your not putting a lot of pressure on those thin little stems.

I'm testing it with a 3by21mm first and once i have a better understanding I'll be trying a 3by50

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
            KIRBSTER269 commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah use my settings and start with that.

Successfully calibrated my first scanning probe!! Of course if i do something right then something else has to go wrong (haha). When it went to pick up the TP20 it crashed into the tree hard, moving it all out of place. So i calibrated the tree also (it contains both scanning and ttp probes). First ever doing both of these, so yayy learned so much
          thank you all

Comment