Question regarding MMC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding MMC...

When dimensioning true position in Xact measure, do you guys input the diameter size in the feature control frame.... example .010 | A | B[.505] | C or would you simply just leave it .010 | A | B mmc | C anddddddd one more question... if you do add the size in the brackets... lets say you fat finger it and put .515 instead of .505... does that mess up the results? hope this makes sense..

in case my question is unclear.... when using xact measure true position, if you select MMC you then have an option to enter the nominal for that datum.. do you need to enter that data in or can you leave it blank..

Comment

• JacobCheverie
      JacobCheverie commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a note, if you do decide to enter in the boundary size into those brackets (which you shouldn't have to unless specifically noted on a print) it is not the nominal that you would enter. The value in the brackets is the MMB/LMB size from which deviation would yield allowable datum displacement. So, for example, if at MMB - for an external feature it would be the largest size, internal feature it would be the smallest size. Vice versa if at LMB.

You should normally leave it blank, only enter a value when it *should* differ from the theoretical value.
    AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• jozey
      jozey commented
      Editing a comment
      ok thank you... I used to leave it blank.....until a spacex source inspector almost soft failed us because it was missing from the report....

First of all it's MMB, it is a boundary that is perpendicular to "A" (allow for you to wiggle the part together with the mating part) MMC is based on the feature that you are calling out, maybe it's crooked, at worst case, will that feature still fit and function within that boundary. With that being said, not necessary but you need to put the right numbers on the Nominal Tab
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• jozey
      jozey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I understand the correct information has to be correct in the tab... but what about in those brackets... i just tested it 3 times... once with the correct nominal... once without a nominal... and once with a fat fingered nominal and there was no change..

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      I said not necessary.

Ok, that answers my question... I appreciate the quick responses Ander and Kirbster

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe next time, ask the source inspector the same question, if you're going to ding me on something that is irrelevant, they have to show you reason or purpose. You don't have to be snobby about it, just ask casually .

• jozey
      jozey commented
      Editing a comment
      its easier to just give them what they want... if you don't, they reject..

thanks for the help