FCR25 Probe Rack Configuration Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCR25 Probe Rack Configuration Changes

I need to configure an FCR25 probe rack to drop off the SM25-1, SM25-2 modules into each slot, rather than dropping of the SH25-1, SH25-2 modules, as it currently does. Has anyone had to make this change before and could offer some guidance?TIA
    3.7mr3CAD++ / 2011mr1CAD++/2012mr1CAD++/QUINDOS7

Not sure what you are looking for, but

a) you need to remove any inserts
    b) you need to re-define and re-calibrate the rack

Its really not too difficult. Have you tried it and run into some specific question?

Comment

When you physically remove the inserts from the slot also edit the slot in PC-DMIS to be No Insert.

As a side note, it will only drop off the SM25 module when it needs to change to a different SM25 module.
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Schrocknroll View Post
        When you physically remove the inserts from the slot also edit the slot in PC-DMIS to be No Insert.

As a side note, it will only drop off the SM25 module when it needs to change to a different SM25 module.
        Thanks for the reply. So are you saying that if I physically have say 2 SM25-1 modules in the rack that it won’t change between both SM25-1 modules? TIA
        3.7mr3CAD++ / 2011mr1CAD++/2012mr1CAD++/QUINDOS7

Comment

Originally posted by Liambo734 View Post

Thanks for the reply. So are you saying that if I physically have say 2 SM25-1 modules in the rack that it won’t change between both SM25-1 modules? TIA
          You can switch between 2 SM25-1, if you want to. You assign which probes will be used with which module. If you assign one probe to SM25-1 in slot #1 and assign a second probe to SM25-1 in slot #2, it will switch between the 2 SM25-1 modules when changing the two probes.

The key to remember is this, each probe build will need to be assigned to 2 slots, the one with the module to be used and the one the probe will be stored in.

Let's say you have a SM25-1 in slot #1 and a SM25-1 in slot #2. Then you have probe builds #1&2 using a SH-1. If you want probe build #1 in slot #3 using SM25-1 #1 and probe build #2 in slot#4 using SM25-1 #2, this is what you do. Physically put a SM25-1 in slots 1&2. Physically put build #1 in slot 3 and build #2 in slot 4. Then in PC-DMIS assign build #1 to slots 1 and 3. Assign build #2 to slots 2 and 4. Then PC-DMIS will know that for build #1 it will use the module in slot 1 and the probe in slot 3. For build #2 it will use the module in slot 2 and the probe in slot 4. It doesn't care if it's a -1, -2, or -3. It just knows that since there isn't an insert in 1 & 2, they are modules and since there is an insert in sots 3 & 4 they are probe builds(once again, this needs to be defined in PC-DMIS and physically done in the slots).

I hope that wasn't too wordy, but I hope that helps.
          PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment