FCR25 Probe Rack Configuration Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCR25 Probe Rack Configuration Changes

I need to configure an FCR25 probe rack to drop off the SM25-1, SM25-2 modules into each slot, rather than dropping of the SH25-1, SH25-2 modules, as it currently does. Has anyone had to make this change before and could offer some guidance?TIA
    3.7mr3CAD++ / 2011mr1CAD++/2012mr1CAD++/QUINDOS7

Not sure what you are looking for, but

a) you need to remove any inserts
    b) you need to re-define and re-calibrate the rack

Its really not too difficult. Have you tried it and run into some specific question?

Comment

When you physically remove the inserts from the slot also edit the slot in PC-DMIS to be No Insert.

As a side note, it will only drop off the SM25 module when it needs to change to a different SM25 module.
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Schrocknroll View Post
        When you physically remove the inserts from the slot also edit the slot in PC-DMIS to be No Insert.

As a side note, it will only drop off the SM25 module when it needs to change to a different SM25 module.
        Thanks for the reply. So are you saying that if I physically have say 2 SM25-1 modules in the rack that it won’t change between both SM25-1 modules? TIA
        3.7mr3CAD++ / 2011mr1CAD++/2012mr1CAD++/QUINDOS7

Comment

Originally posted by Liambo734 View Post

Thanks for the reply. So are you saying that if I physically have say 2 SM25-1 modules in the rack that it won’t change between both SM25-1 modules? TIA
          You can switch between 2 SM25-1, if you want to. You assign which probes will be used with which module. If you assign one probe to SM25-1 in slot #1 and assign a second probe to SM25-1 in slot #2, it will switch between the 2 SM25-1 modules when changing the two probes.

The key to remember is this, each probe build will need to be assigned to 2 slots, the one with the module to be used and the one the probe will be stored in.

Let's say you have a SM25-1 in slot #1 and a SM25-1 in slot #2. Then you have probe builds #1&2 using a SH-1. If you want probe build #1 in slot #3 using SM25-1 #1 and probe build #2 in slot#4 using SM25-1 #2, this is what you do. Physically put a SM25-1 in slots 1&2. Physically put build #1 in slot 3 and build #2 in slot 4. Then in PC-DMIS assign build #1 to slots 1 and 3. Assign build #2 to slots 2 and 4. Then PC-DMIS will know that for build #1 it will use the module in slot 1 and the probe in slot 3. For build #2 it will use the module in slot 2 and the probe in slot 4. It doesn't care if it's a -1, -2, or -3. It just knows that since there isn't an insert in 1 & 2, they are modules and since there is an insert in sots 3 & 4 they are probe builds(once again, this needs to be defined in PC-DMIS and physically done in the slots).

I hope that wasn't too wordy, but I hope that helps.
          PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• Liambo734
            Liambo734 commented
            Editing a comment
            I must thank you for this! I finally got around to setting this rack up and your instructions helped me a lot!
            Last edited by Liambo734; 02-21-2020, 04:49 PM.

• Schrocknroll
            Schrocknroll commented
            Editing a comment
            You're welcome.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this and I'm failing. I have the FCR25 and the SP25M with SM25-1, -2, and -3. How will I tell DMIS that port 8, 9, and 10 only have the SM25 modules with no probe builds? If someone could take a screenshot of the Ports tab in the Probe Changer dialogue window, that would be very helpful.
          Employee of the month runner up for the 36th time!!!

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
            Don Ruggieri commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't have a picture, but I can try to explain the logistics if it.

A single probe is made of several pieces. For example, the wrist, the probe body, and the probe module with stylus, in the case of the SP25. You could potentially have pieces of this single probe in 3 different racks and/or slots; an ACR1, and two FCR25 ports. For every slot in which the probe is "housed", the probe name must be entered into that slot. Some systems will have multiple probe assemblies that share probe bodies or even probe modules. In these cases there will be two (or more) probe names for a single port.

ACR1 - - - - FCR25 - - - - FCR25
            Port 1 - - - - - Port 1 - - - - - Port 2

Probe 1 - - - - Probe 1 - - - - Probe2
            Probe 2
            Last edited by Don Ruggieri; 04-01-2020, 11:45 AM.

Let me type this back to you with an example and see if I have this right.

I have a 2MM80 programmed on a SM25-1. In order to make this work I would program the SM25-1 in port 9 and 2MM80 under it then also put 2MM80 in port 8 (programmed with the insert). When I want the 2MM80, it will know to puck up the SM25-1 out of port 9 first then go to port 8 to pick up the rest of the build out of the insert. Am I correct Don Ruggieri ?

Disregard the "(changes pending)" on port 8. I did this quick as an example to see if I have it right. I don't have the SH inserts calibrated yet.
          Capture.JPG
          Attached Files
          Employee of the month runner up for the 36th time!!!

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
            Don Ruggieri commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, that is exactly right. You do NOT have to define the order for the machine to follow, just put the name of the probe assembly (SCAN_2MM80) into EVERY port where a piece of that probe is placed. The software will know to pick up the probe module first and then the puck/stylus second. Conversely it will know to drop off the puck/stylus first and then drop off the probe module, before going to pick up another probe.

• A-machine-insp
            A-machine-insp commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Don Ruggieri. I think I have my head wrapped around it. Now all I have to do is find time to get it all set up. Pretty busy lately.