Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CMM

Hello,
    I am very green when it comes to this so please bear with me. I am trying to setup a new CMM, I was able to build a probe and I am trying to calibrate A0B0 but when take the first hit it only takes a couple more then goes over to the side of sphere and says take 1 of 25 hits but already has an error. Question #1 , This is a brand new machine , do I still need to load more programs from say another machine ? PC Dims 2019 R2 is loaded on it now.
    Any help would be much appreciated .

Could you describe a little more :
    what probe, what parameters in F10 ?
    Loading a program from another cmm could give some surprises (strokes, speed, acceleration...)

Comment

Is your sphere located way off to one side of the CMM? Could you post the actual error message? I'm guessing you may be too close to the edge of the measuring envelope of the machine, but it's only a guess when my only information is it has an error.
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jpelletier2005 View Post
        Hello,
        I am very green when it comes to this so please bear with me. I am trying to setup a new CMM, I was able to build a probe and I am trying to calibrate A0B0 but when take the first hit it only takes a couple more then goes over to the side of sphere and says take 1 of 25 hits but already has an error. Question #1 , This is a brand new machine , do I still need to load more programs from say another machine ? PC Dims 2019 R2 is loaded on it now.
        Any help would be much appreciated .
        Check program units and the size of the reference sphere. (When you go to calibrate after you click measure in the probe utilities window, bottom left of the next screen is reference sphere information, make sure the size of the reference sphere makes sense(i.e. 25mm not 25")
        Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

trying to calibrate A0B0 but when take the first hit it only takes a couple more then goes over to the side of sphere
          There are a few things to check that might be the cause of this problem.

1) Open your program, hit F5 (or EDIT>PREFERENCES>SETUP), go to the PART/MACHINE tab and select PROBE HEAD ORIENTATION. Check that the wrists A90/B180 direction is set correctly for your machine (see screenshot below)
          Capture.JPG

2) Open the probe utilities window by putting your cursor on the LOADPROBE command in the edit window and hitting F9 or going to OPERATION>CALIBRATE/EDIT>ACTIVE PROBE (Ctrl+Alt+P). Click the MEASURE tab to open the measure probe window, select your calibration sphere under "list of available tools" then click the EDIT TOOL button. Verify the shank I, J & K vectors and the Diameter are correct. Pay particular attention to the diameter and ensure it has been entered using the correct units - i.e if your program is using inches the diameter should also be in inches and if the program is using millimetres your diameter should be in millimetres.
          Capture.JPG

Comment

• neil.challinor
            neil.challinor commented
            Editing a comment
            NinjaBadger - I'm not sure if there is a limit but I've forwarded your question to one of the forum administrators. I'll let you know if they come back to me with anything.
            Last edited by neil.challinor; 10-18-2019, 09:13 AM.

• NinjaBadger
            NinjaBadger commented
            Editing a comment
            neil.challinor - merci beaucoup

• JEFMAN
            JEFMAN commented
            Editing a comment
            NinjaBadger : !

Dear OP,

I know you're green and your intentions are admirable to try and "setup" a new CMM by yourself with little-to-no experience. Please plead with your supervisors to go get some formal training before you break something. Best wishes.

-Bigwig
          Che Guevara is a communist scumbag.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I was able to get it. Little by little.

Comment